Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Science Fiction Trivia

Post by ffutures »

Wildeblood wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:15 am
The eponymous Captain Scarlet, of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons fame...?
Definitely, and have a MBP for choosing the first one I thought of when I set the question! Though he isn't exactly his old self given that he's now x-ray opaque and regenerates...
spud42 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:47 pm
low hanging fruit. Spock... startrek movie something ( ok its 2,Wrath of Khan ) . dies at the end , genesis devise get shot at nebula. creates aplanet and Spocks body is launched at it...
Star Trek 3 Spock body resurected and reunited with his "spirit"trapped on McCoy...
Another good one, and have an MBP for an obvious one that I somehow DIDN'T think of when I set the question!

Coming down to the wire - one to go, and no more Mass Effect, Marvel, Supermarionation, or Trek! There are at least two from one very well-known canon universe that haven't been mentioned yet, and billions from another.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood. Really just an imitation of Captain Scarlet, but... well, there's no "but" really, I just feel the need to write a few words more. That's enough. :)
Any country that has the Thunderbirds March as its national anthem can't be too bad.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Wildeblood wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:59 pm
Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood. Really just an imitation of Captain Scarlet, but... well, there's no "but" really, I just feel the need to write a few words more. That's enough. :)
And we have our fifth answer! Have a MBP for giving me the other one I thought of when I was setting the question! He and the Doctor were the ones I hinted at in the last clue. Regeneration may not count, but The Doctor has been killed and bought back to life several times by other means, including one story in which he was repeatedly killed and bought back over millions or billions of years.

Since you gave the fifth answer it's your turn to set the next question. I point the poisoned chalice projector in your general direction!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

ffutures wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:21 am
Since you gave the fifth answer it's your turn to set the next question. I point the poisoned chalice projector in your general direction!
Wut!? I was just passing by. Nobody told me.

...initial shock fades...

I have memory issues. I can't even remember what the movie I watched last night was...
...It was Atlas, with Jennifer Lopez, maybe that's why I couldn't remember it at first. (Not recommended.)

Is there a particular format you are expecting?
Am I expected to read the preceding 497 pages, to familiarize myself with what has already been asked?

P.S.
Wildeblood wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:37 pm
Am I expected to read the preceding 497 pages, to familiarize myself with what has already been asked?
Nah, stuff that idea; I'm only four pages in and I've already had enough. It's not just the inevitability of Whovians and Trekkies taking over every conversation, it's also the rapidity.
Any country that has the Thunderbirds March as its national anthem can't be too bad.