Odd micro-pause glitch

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

RobsterLeal
Competent
Competent

Odd micro-pause glitch

Post by RobsterLeal »

Hi,

Been noticing in my current build the game seems to have a micro pause every second or so - i have proven it to be an expansion pack by quickly removing them all and testing the vanilla build - no pause.

Anyone got any ideas on what expansion might be causing the hitch, before i start removing them to narrow it down using the 50% split method?

Its next to impossible to capture, its like the game hitches once a second. Very minor pause, but noticeable

Windows build - my machine should be more than capable of dealing with all the bells and whistles.. i do have 250+ expansions in there though. Just thought someone might have come across this before and could point me in the right direction..
RobsterLeal
Competent
Competent

Re: Odd micro-pause glitch

Post by RobsterLeal »

Aaaaargh - what i forgot to do though was export my expansion list before i set to vanilla.... that is extremely painful!

Now i gotta add em in by hand....oh well had nothing better to do tonight..
RobsterLeal
Competent
Competent

Post by RobsterLeal »

aaaaaand - it turns out to be the usefulMFDs.oxz

Once I knew it was that I searched these excellent boards and found others suffering the same issue...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21122

Shame, but its useful, not essential, so....
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

RobsterLeal wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:56 pm
aaaaaand - it turns out to be the usefulMFDs.oxz

Once I knew it was that I searched these excellent boards and found others suffering the same issue...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21122

Shame, but its useful, not essential, so....
I had the same issue some time ago. Increasing the minimum RAM for Oolite fixed it.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?