Visual Expansion pack

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Visual Expansion pack

Post by TureModder »

Hello lads. I saw that it is impossible to download the expansion packs at this time.
I'm liking the game, but I would like to have a little nicer graphics instead of the black screen with yellow text.
I was wondering if you could share some graphics packages that improve the game interface and put a cockpit in the ship (just for don't see the HUD flying in space.)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Visual Expansion pack

Post by Cholmondely »

TureModder wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:31 am
Hello lads. I saw that it is impossible to download the expansion packs at this time.
I'm liking the game, but I would like to have a little nicer graphics instead of the black screen with yellow text.
I was wondering if you could share some graphics packages that improve the game interface and put a cockpit in the ship (just for don't see the HUD flying in space.)
It should be possible to download now that our wiki is up and running again (that is where many of the Expansion Packs are stored for download).

If I understand what you mean ("a little nicer graphics instead of the black screen with yellow text"), you are referring to the F4 - F8 screen interfaces. There are a number of choices for these - the new BGS, the old BGS, XenonUI, Better Screens and KillerWolf's HUD screens.

If you add "The Galactic Almanac" to your OXP selection, you can easily flip between a number of the different options available (new BGS, Better Screens, Xenon).

The Galactic Almanac options screen:

One of Killer Wolf's screens (possibly part of his "Steampunk" HUD):

If you are after a HUD for flying, try the HUD images here wiki page which shows many of them. The Dangerous HUD, Vimana-X HUD and Xenon HUD are all worth a look. And "HUDSelector" allows you to toggle between the HUDSelector-registered HUDs (mostly the newer ones). Warning: the older HUDS don't display MFDs.

Cockpits: Try Killer Wolf's collection (old) and Dangerous HUD (new, with choice of fighter cockpit, hauler cockpit and glass only views).
Last edited by Cholmondely on Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

oh thank you!
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

i istall it, but my commodoty screen is still back. now text have colors but the background is still black.
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

another thing, What do they recommend as packages for sound design? the game is too quiet.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

TureModder wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:01 pm
What do they recommend as packages for sound design? the game is too quiet.
BGS for sounds. For the background images, I always used a mix of about half taken from BGS and half my own finds/creations. Customizing the images is very easy and a great place to start moulding Oolite to your liking. Find a file called oolite.app/Resources/Config/screenbackgrounds.plist, copy it to your AddOns folder and start hacking. Have fun.
I thought the grey swan symbol was good, but when he said the new country's flag should be printed on "holographic" fabric, I began to doubt.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Which of the many “its” did you install?

PS: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Categ ... _Sets_OXPs
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:06 pm
Which of the many “its” did you install?

PS: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Categ ... _Sets_OXPs
i install, Xenon UI and Galactic Almanac
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

Wildeblood wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:46 pm
BGS for sounds. For the background images, I always used a mix of about half taken from BGS and half my own finds/creations. Customizing the images is very easy and a great place to start moulding Oolite to your liking. Find a file called oolite.app/Resources/Config/screenbackgrounds.plist, copy it to your AddOns folder and start hacking. Have fun.
Yes, of course i make this. i just need time but i have in mind to create also new ship and missions. is very cool the concept of a open source game.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

TureModder wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:01 pm
another thing, What do they recommend as packages for sound design? the game is too quiet.
Now that the Wiki is back OoliteStarter can work fully again.
How about you install the 'Beginner's Set' Flavour? It consists of many useful and nice expansions to increase your experience.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
TureModder
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TureModder »

hiran wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:53 pm
Now that the Wiki is back OoliteStarter can work fully again.
How about you install the 'Beginner's Set' Flavour? It consists of many useful and nice expansions to increase your experience.
Oh, ok. i try it.