Oolite crashing after ship launch

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DavidG
Competent
Competent

Oolite crashing after ship launch

Post by DavidG »

Evening all! Hoping for some help! Been playing again for months, not updated any OXPs recently, and all of a sudden the game crashes out to Windows shortly after launching and activating hyperdrive. I've copied the last half dozen lines of latest log and I assume the issue is the very last line. What might have changed, and does anyone know what OXP this might be coming from? Oh, and contrary to the logs, I never 'visually' entered witchspace...

19:27:03.576 [LogEvents]: attacked unsuccessfully by Fer-de-Lance 28531
19:27:03.675 [LogEvents]: will enter witchspace to system 35 due to standard jump
19:27:03.677 [LogEvents]: compass targeted in mode COMPASS_MODE_TARGET
19:27:03.678 [LogEvents]: exited from the vicinity of [Planet position: (0, 0, 371520) radius: 30960 m]
19:27:03.679 [LogEvents]: lost lock on Navigation Buoy 27113
19:27:03.681 [LogEvents]: bounty is changed by -26 to 25 due to new system
19:27:03.736 [general.error.allocationFailure]: Failed to allocate space (1048576 bytes) for texture Resources/Textures/oolite_coriolis_diffuse.png
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Oolite crashing after ship launch

Post by another_commander »

This is a failure to allocate memory for a texture. Are you low on RAM? We will need to see the full log, it may contain critical information not present in the last few lines.
DavidG
Competent
Competent

Post by DavidG »

No reason I should be but I’ll have a butchers tmw evening and post the latest log at same time. Desktop powered down for tonight as per SWMBO..! Thanks for the reply!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

DavidG wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:56 pm
No reason I should be but I’ll have a butchers tmw evening and post the latest log at same time. Desktop powered down for tonight as per SWMBO..! Thanks for the reply!
Any joy?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
DavidG
Competent
Competent

Post by DavidG »

Well it’s working again, although I’m making a point of clearing any programs using RAM before I start. I also removed a few oxps, including BGS, intending to put them back, but that plan has been trumbled obviously!