Why??!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DavidG
Competent
Competent

Why??!

Post by DavidG »

Every time I’m scanned by the cops I get a 51 credit bounty applied and become fugitive. I don’t carry illegal goods, and I’ve got no passengers either, just a couple of parcels. Jump systems, and I’m back to clean until I get scanned again. Makes it very hard to dock! Latest just says bounty 51 added by scripted (or words to that effect!) Is there any equipment that is illegal, not that I’ve added any recently…
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Why??!

Post by Cholmondely »

Sounds like that bounty oxp of phkb which I bored you rigid about earlier. Again, our sundered wiki has a page (Bounty) which explores the various resolutions for such issues.
Last edited by Cholmondely on Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

You need to figure out which system you committed your crime in. Go back to that system and try and dock with the Main Station. You will either have your Fine paid upon docking or you might need to visit the Galcop Security Office to pay your Fine. An alternate solution would be to find the Galcop HQ in your current Sector and follow a similar procedure there. If you can find a Hacker Outpost or a Pirate Base, which are types of Rock Hermits, there may be other, less legal, solutions available. Take a look at the ReadMe for the Bounty System OXZ for more information. You could just Hack your Save Game file but that would be cheating would it not.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
DavidG
Competent
Competent

Post by DavidG »

It certainly seems to be bounty oxp. Apologies for missing your earlier reply cholmondely! And Nite Owl, having looked at the Galcop security office I’m not traipsing half way across the galaxy to pay a fine just cos some numb nuts got in the way of my plasma in the middle of a thargoid battle. That particular oxp has been removed for now as I want really benefitting from it! All is well again in this particular ooniverse!