The many moons of Lezaer

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

MrFlibble
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

The many moons of Lezaer

Post by MrFlibble »

This looks like a bug in Galactic Almanac, if naming is turned off:

Could it be a moon? :lol:

Starting with a plain Jameson, I found my way to G3/Lezaer. With no OXPs I get no moons. With my normal OXP set restored, I see that on ESC as "Mithras II (Moon)"

I've not noticed moons anywhere else, and I didn't know which OXP might be responsible. So I had a dig. These files from OXPs in my set have "Lezaer" and "moon" in them.

Code: Select all

oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits/Config/descriptions.plist
oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations/Config/planetinfo.plist
oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations/Scripts/rescue_ambience.js
With my fresh Jameson, if I mimic my normal settings for Galactic Almanac (all naming off), I get "Mithras II (Moon) II (Moon) II (Moon)". A lot of (if not all) other entities retain their names.

I've had naming off for ages. I found it made flicking through targets on the ESC rather harder on the eye/brain.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: The many moons of Lezaer

Post by Cholmondely »

Proof!

Finally we have proof of the divinity of St Giles - the fivefold lunar nomination is clearly a direct result of the influence of the five corners of the Pool of Pellucid Placidity, the limpid ambience of the moon aiding St Giles as he seeks for the lost souls therein to bring them out of despondency and dismal depressions.

The threnodic ramifications of the pentametricality of the pool leads to a reconsideration of the sacred writings of St. Phibo Nacci on the octoid nature of reality - with dire consequences for those heretics who prefer the binary presumptions of the Aronarian theologians.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: The many moons of Lezaer

Post by Wildeblood »

MrFlibble wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:56 pm
I didn't know which OXP might be responsible. So I had a dig. These files from OXPs in my set have "Lezaer" and "moon" in them.

Code: Select all

oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits/Config/descriptions.plist
oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations/Config/planetinfo.plist
oolite.oxp.spara.rescue_stations/Scripts/rescue_ambience.js
I blame Spara. It was Spara,... in the dining room, with the candlestick. He did it.