Oolite External Programmes

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Oolite External Programmes

Post by Cholmondely »

We now have a small plethora of "external programmes" for Oolite - ranging from Oolite Starter to JMcAfee's Oolite_bot for trading, the Nexus for (limited) multiplayer, maps, keyboard programmes and the various python helpers for transmogrifying ship models into something Oolite can understand.

I'd like to create a category on our wiki to collect all these under the same heading - a category which works for our Admiralty and other programmers, as well as dumb pilots such as your humble servant.

Does "External Programmes" do the job?

Reference: Category:Oolite utilities
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite External Programmes

Post by Wildeblood »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:17 pm

Does "External Programmes" do the job?

Reference: Category:Oolite utilities
Programs. A programme is something you might find at an opera, or on television, but computer code always comes in programs.

Consider yourself admonished, for spelling like a Québécois.

Oh yeah, I almost [forgot] my reason for replying: Third-party helper programs of DOOM! (Obviously.)

[When you forget to include one word in a sentence, and that word happens to be "forgot", there has to be a fancy Latin term for that phenomenon?]
"Would somebody stop that bloody music!"
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: Oolite External Programmes

Post by hiran »

Wildeblood wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:09 am
[When you forget to include one word in a sentence, and that word happens to be "forgot", there has to be a fancy Latin term for that phenomenon?]
Many years ago, when translating a small email for my manager I forgot one letter.
The customer suggested to meet in 'your' office while I translated in 'our' office. Guess the impact... :mrgreen:
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite