Rebuilding Oosat2

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Hmm guess I could use my wife's e-mail address to create a second account of "Rebuilder" and submit under that name. Away for weekend, but will try and put it up next week.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Ok, I uploaded my oxps in a brand new collection with much stat tweaking to make some of them less über (Drakes and Cobra Couriers mainly). Anyway, this means that you can free up some of the space for your account, LittleBear! :)

Basically, I believe you have uploaded the asps.oxp, cobracourier.oxp, cobrarapier.oxp and drakes.oxp, all of which you can now delete.
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

As Wolfwoods ships (Asp Mk I, Asp Explorer, Drake Mk I, Drake Mk II, Cobra Rapier and Cobra Courier) are now in the Wolfwood's varientents OXP I've deleted the resubmitted versions. As Woolfwood has improved his ships in the new version, if you downloaded one of the old resubmitted versions, you should upgrade to the new versions.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

there's still some stuff missing, I discovered by looking at the chuckwalla on the wiki.... Did anyone try to contact the original submitters and is there a list of people that did (not) respond?

it's pretty hard looking on the rebuilt Oosat with the search function not working, sigh
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Unfortunatley, I reached my maxium submission limit, so sombody else will have to post the missing ones!

Its not too bad though as all these OXPs are on Oosat1. My main aim was to put back those OXPs which used to be on Oosat2 but weren't on Oosat1. As things stand all the OXPs are available, but you'll have to go to Oosat1 to get the older ones.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Okay then.

(Frankly, I like 1 better, easier to find stuff)
reills
Deadly
Deadly

Post by reills »

NuB question. Why is there OOSAT1 and OOSAT2?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

When the game first came out all the OXPs were posted on the Captin Hack site (Oosat1). Oosat2 was started about 18 months ago. Its a better site in terms of layout and more info can be posted about what an OXP does. Everybody reposted their stuff on Oosat2 and all the new stuff went up on Oosat2. In October last year though Oosat2 crashed and all the stuff on it was lost. I've posted the missing OXPs to Ooast2 and some of the ones from Oosat1, but its a big job! So some of the older OXPs can only be found on Oosat1. Oosat1 isn't updated though and all the new stuff goes on Oosat2. So if an OXP is on both sites you should use the one from Oosat2 as this'll be the updated version.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

@Rxke

chuckwalla is in Murghs updated x-ships on Oosat2.
This is on the same entry as Military. When Murgh wrote Military, he re-did the Rattle-Cutter and realeased a new x-ships (the one on Oosat2 with Military). You need to use the new version of x-ships for Military to work properly, but as a bonus Murgh through in the Eel and Chuckwall in the updated x-ships. When I was resubmitting therefore, it seemed to make sense to link these two Oxps together.

The broken search is annoying, but the real problem is oringinaly everytime someone added a mission or ship, the OXP went on the Ships List / Mission List, which made things a lot easier to find. Unfortuantley, this doesn't seem to be a feature on the rebuilt Oosat2.