escape pods insurance

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

rollen
Competent
Competent

escape pods insurance

Post by rollen »

I have picked up an escape pod or two but they are classified as "slaves" on my HUD. When am I likely to get the insurance money - is it when I have docked at a station or when I have sold them?
"time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas"
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

They should show up individually on the ship's manifest screen (F5x2), listing their name and race (if I remember correctly) as well. If that's the case then you will get the insurance payout as soon as you dock.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Some people are insured, some arn't.

An insured person will come up on your screen as "You have captured (or rescused) {guy's name}." He shows on your cargo list as slaves, but when you dock an arrival report shows "For resquing XXX, a YYY from ZZZ, their insurance pays CCC." He disappears from the Cargo list and you can't sell him as a slave.

If the fool didn't have insurance then you get the message "You have captured a slave." and you sell him as such at the station. This is why it is wise to carry insurance!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.