Compiling GLTron

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Compiling GLTron

Post by Wiggy »

Having just seen Tron Legacy at the cinema, I thought I try my hand at GLTron, a great implementation of the light cycles game that I used to play a few years ago on OS X 10.2.
However, it's only available as a PPC build. I've banished Rosetta from my Macs. As the source code is available, I thought I'd try my hand at building it.

First I needed to install and compile SDL libraries, which I think I did ok. But then the ./configure tells me that OpenGL isn't on my system! Surely some mistake?

Anyone else fancy having a go?
http://www.gltron.org/
I emailed the author, but have had no reply. The site has not been updated for ages.

It's a great game -- it would be a shame if it couldn't get updated to Intel code, let alone 64-bit! It's a GNU licence.
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Compiling GLTron

Post by Frame »

i tried the windows version.,, the game is remarkebly well done..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Compiling GLTron

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiggy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm
Having just seen Tron Legacy at the cinema, I thought I try my hand at GLTron, a great implementation of the light cycles game that I used to play a few years ago on OS X 10.2.
However, it's only available as a PPC build. I've banished Rosetta from my Macs. As the source code is available, I thought I'd try my hand at building it.

First I needed to install and compile SDL libraries, which I think I did ok. But then the ./configure tells me that OpenGL isn't on my system! Surely some mistake?

Anyone else fancy having a go?
http://www.gltron.org/
I emailed the author, but have had no reply. The site has not been updated for ages.

It's a great game -- it would be a shame if it couldn't get updated to Intel code, let alone 64-bit! It's a GNU licence.
AppleMac version updated in 2016
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?