Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Interior Spaces

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Interior Spaces

Post by Killer Wolf »

Has someting changed, regarding the shading, w/ the handling of internal spaces? I'm messing about w/ a model that has an interior chamber like the Salvage Gang asteroid etc, and a quick test is looking godawful - random faces are black. i've checked the model in Blender but it seems all the faces are correctly oriented so it's not a normals prob that i originally thought. There seems no rhyme or reason as to which faces are blackened. admittedly i just knocked the model up, converted it and kicked it into the oxp folder as a proof od concept so it's not been correctly unwrapped yet, but it has the diffuse/lite/normal/spec textured there, though they look horrid cos they're just quick place-holders.

TIA
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Interior Spaces

Post by DGill »

If you are using v1.91 the problem may be similar to an issue I was having and discussed in the following thread:

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21381
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Interior Spaces

Post by Killer Wolf »

thanks for the post - it was, however, UVs. Not sure what happened when i was chopping the model up and merging bits but the UV's got naffed up somewhere. just done a fast light pack unwrap and all is fine.

cheers