Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Enable Oolite development (2)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Enable Oolite development (2)

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
So v0.1.15-xenoc.16 should behave better now.
And, for the AppleMac, maybe to replace the wording "This directory contains an Oolite installation" (for selecting an "Oolite.app") with one of "This is the wrapper for an Oolite game/This is an Oolite installation/This is an Oolite game/This is an Oolite application which on the AppleMac is really a folder masquerading as an application" (take your pick!)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:14 pm
hiran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
So v0.1.15-xenoc.16 should behave better now.
It does. Your renamed wrappers now come up with the icon (eg: Oolite 1.77.app). But the encompassing Oolite folder on my desktop does not.
Oh that is great. Then I will merge to master now.
For the encompassing folder: It is either-or. What would a user think if too many folders actually have that icon?
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:14 pm
And I wonder if it might make sense to add an "open" button beside the "select" button on the window for searching for the Oolite version's "Home Directory", etc.
The button you are asking for appears when you click 'Add', then in the first line use the 'Browse' button.
Or do I understand you would like to have 'Browse' functionality even when not adding/editing a version?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

arquebus wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:41 pm
I recorded using the Starter as the first half of my regularly scheduled Oolite video, and I have those always scheduled to come out on Saturdays. I could have recorded it as a separate video and released it immediately, but I didn't really have time to do both the Starter and the regular video separately.

I'll link to the video when it comes out.
Have you linked the video already? Where can i see it?
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

Ah, sorry, weekend got away from me!

Here it is:

https://youtu.be/PrZ0GitH2qM
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

arquebus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:30 pm
That's a nice one. I will take this as feedback. Where you were struggling it seems the UI can be improved.
Do you have an idea what might make it easier to use?
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

hiran wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:36 pm
arquebus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:30 pm
That's a nice one. I will take this as feedback. Where you were struggling it seems the UI can be improved.
Do you have an idea what might make it easier to use?
Not sure, I need to play around with it more. I'm going to use it again to load all the HUD OXPs for my HUD showcase, I may have some ideas then.
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

yard.9 pops up a notification that yard.11 has been released, but the link doesn't go to yard.11, the highest version on the page is yard.9
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

arquebus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:48 pm
yard.9 pops up a notification that yard.11 has been released, but the link doesn't go to yard.11, the highest version on the page is yard.9
The link goes to the releases page in general, not to a specific release. And GitHub seems to sort alphanumerically, so .yard.11 is not on top...
Maybe the link should go to the release instead. I will check...
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

hiran wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:09 pm
Maybe the link should go to the release instead. I will check...
Starting with -yard.12 MrGimlet should guide you to future releases directly.
Darkenedroom
Poor
Poor

Post by Darkenedroom »

Bit of an upgrade issue to report on Win10.

Installed yard9 had a bit of play with it, but when I tried to upgrade to yard12, the installer would flash up an outline of dialog box before quitting immediately. You can see the installer running in task manager, but nothing much is happening and you have to kill it in task manager.

Managed to install it by uninstalling yard9 first then doing an install of yard12. Managed to pick up all of the yard9 settings without issue, so that's a big plus!
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

Darkenedroom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:05 pm
Bit of an upgrade issue to report on Win10.

Installed yard9 had a bit of play with it, but when I tried to upgrade to yard12, the installer would flash up an outline of dialog box before quitting immediately. You can see the installer running in task manager, but nothing much is happening and you have to kill it in task manager.

Managed to install it by uninstalling yard9 first then doing an install of yard12. Managed to pick up all of the yard9 settings without issue, so that's a big plus!
Thank you for that feedback.
I am not sure how to deal with it yet. After all both installer and uninstaller get generated by the java packager, which AFAIK runs the wix toolset. Ah, I think there is an issue with the version number:
Wix wants an assembly number which is just numerical. Yet the semantical versioning I use on OoliteStarter means that your upgrade from
0.1.16 (-yard.9) to 0.1.16 (-yard.12) was not recognized.

Could you try to run such an upgrade between releases instead, such as from 0.1.14 to 0.1.15? Hmmm, it may be that at this time I did not have good version numbers for the Windows installer, so write down what Windows displays parallel to what the download file states it is.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I tried to resume a saved game from inside Oolite Starter and the following message came up:
Launched process 65323 with command line
[...Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS/Oolite, -load, .../Documents/Nikolaus I (Blackjack's Bullion).oolite-save]
in directory
.../Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS
Currently we are waiting for this process to finish.
If you do not see Oolite showing up, consider taking a look at the logfiles. More help may be available at the forum.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Oolite started up, but did not load the saved game

From the log:

Code: Select all

2023-07-18 20:20:44,177 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] Skipping savegame /Users/accountname/Documents/Pre BlackBaron.oolite-save
java.io.IOException: Could not parse /Users/accountname/Documents/Pre BlackBaron.oolite-save
	at oolite.starter.Oolite.createSaveGame(Oolite.java:276) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.Oolite.getSaveGames(Oolite.java:162) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.ui.StartGamePanel.update(StartGamePanel.java:95) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.ui.StartGamePanel.btReloadActionPerformed(StartGamePanel.java:332) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.ui.StartGamePanel$1.actionPerformed(StartGamePanel.java:159) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1d) was found in the element content of the document.
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at oolite.starter.util.XmlUtil.parseXmlStream(XmlUtil.java:55) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.util.XmlUtil.parseXmlFile(XmlUtil.java:74) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	at oolite.starter.Oolite.createSaveGame(Oolite.java:266) ~[OoliteStarter-0.1.16.jar:0.1.16]
	... 39 more
2023-07-18 20:20:44,274 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown information-url->https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19010
2023-07-18 20:20:44,275 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] NumberFormatException on /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.cag.Telescope.2.11.oxz!manifest.plist line 13:1: For input string: "2022-02-22 05:08:15"
2023-07-18 20:20:44,277 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown licence->CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0
2023-07-18 20:20:44,278 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] NumberFormatException on /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Pods.oxz!manifest.plist line 12:1: For input string: "2018-12-20 14:31:57"
2023-07-18 20:20:44,279 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass;version=1.01;description=This OXP requires Planetary Compass OXP.;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,279 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass;version=1.01;description=This OXP requires Planetary Compass OXP.;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,279 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown licence->CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0
2023-07-18 20:20:44,280 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass;version=1.01;description=This OXP requires Planetary Compass OXP.;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,280 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown optional_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Bigships;version=1.02;description=If Bigships OXP is present, it is used in place of the built-in populator.;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,281 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown licence->CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0
2023-07-18 20:20:44,281 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass;version=1.01;description=This OXP requires Planetary Compass OXP.;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,282 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] NumberFormatException on /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Lone_Wolf.NavalGridNext.oxz!manifest.plist line 11:4: For input string: "2015-08-30 20:24:02"
2023-07-18 20:20:44,290 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=More Ads for YAH;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,292 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set B for YAH - Tescoo constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,296 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set C for YAH - Mallwart constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,297 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set A for YAH - Pi47 constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,298 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set D for YAH - Star constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,304 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set E for YAH - Sainsboory's constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,304 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set G for YAH - Oodles constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,306 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] unknown requires_oxp->({identifier=oolite.oxp.DrNil.YAH;version=4.5;description=Advert set F for YAH - Star constores;})
2023-07-18 20:20:44,306 WARN o.s.Oolite [AWT-EventQueue-0] NumberFormatException on /Users/accountname/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedDeactivatedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.GalacticAlmanac.oxz!manifest.plist line 13:1: For input string: "2023-01-13 10:25:32"
2023-07-18 20:21:01,902 INFO o.s.Oolite [Thread-0] installing /Users/accountname/Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/AddOns/org.oolite.hiran.OoliteStarter.oxp
2023-07-18 20:21:01,912 WARN o.s.Oolite [Thread-0] executing [/Users/accountname/Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS/Oolite, -load, /Users/accountname/Documents/Nikolaus I (Blackjack's Bullion).oolite-save] in /Users/accountname/Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS
2023-07-18 20:21:02,043 WARN o.s.u.StartGamePanel [Thread-0] launched(oolite.starter.model.ProcessData@a747f0d)
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Second attempt:
Launched process 66001 with command line
[.../Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS/Oolite, -load, .../Documents/AltMap1.oolite-save]
in directory
.../Desktop/Hiran/oolite-1.90-Mac-TestRelease/Oolite.app/Contents/MacOS
Currently we are waiting for this process to finish.
If you do not see Oolite showing up, consider taking a look at the logfiles. More help may be available at the forum.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Terminal ReadOut:

Code: Select all

USER          PID  %CPU %MEM      VSZ    RSS   TT  STAT STARTED      TIME COMMAND
root        66388   0.0  0.0  4287156    944 s000  R+    8:38pm   0:00.01 ps au
accountname 66142   0.0  0.0  4297216   2068 s000  S     8:34pm   0:00.05 -zsh
root        66140   0.0  0.1  4304888   4508 s000  Ss    8:34pm   0:00.07 login
Comments wanted: