New Hud

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

daveangel
Average
Average

New Hud

Post by daveangel »

Guys,

Thought i would share this one with you, its a new hud, designed to be less intrusive on screen real estate than some of the other huds out there.

Download from here.

http://www.filedropper.com/davehudoxp

I'm planning to move some more of the gauges to next to the sight reticle, and will probably have a play with the MFD function in the next release.

KR

Dave
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: New Hud

Post by mossfoot »

Looks nice. I'd download it, but since I'm in an Adder it probably wouldn't work for me, right? Is the Cobra the only one with a custom HUD?
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

daveangel wrote:
Guys,

Thought i would share this one with you, its a new hud, designed to be less intrusive on screen real estate than some of the other huds out there.

Download from here.

I'm planning to move some more of the gauges to next to the sight reticle, and will probably have a play with the MFD function in the next release.

KR

Dave
Interesting looking HUD.. by the looks of things, you've cropped a screenshot taken with the PrtSc key (I can see a little of the taskbar at the bottom). Are you aware that Oolite can take screenshots in-game? Just press the * (Shift-8 key). The screenshots will be in a "snapshots" folder in your "oolite-save" folder. This way you can get screenshots in full-screen mode.

You can also hide the HUD for screenshots when you wish to. Pause the game, press <Shift-o>, un-pause, take the screenshot, pause and press <Shift-o> again to un-hide the HUD, then un-pause again.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

daveangel wrote: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm
Guys,

Download from here.

KR

Dave
Does anybody know anything about this one?

Both links seem to be down.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Commander_X wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:29 am
Running Oolite for Windows under Linux is quite straightforward under Wine. Here, my last own built:

Whence this HUD?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Commander_X
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander_X »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:19 am
[...]
Whence this HUD?
Not really a HUD, more of an image behind the default HUD.
DeepSpace HUD was the real thing, except for the "embedded fonts" (somehow agreed with Giles praising Helvetica :-D ). I gave up on trying to "fix" it, and turned to this quick'n'dirty approach.