Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Screenshots

Post by Redspear »

Griff wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:12 am
...was getting a bit late and i needed to get a baked potato going in the oven so i didn't do much more that check that the ship was appearing :lol:
Unless you've been vactioning on an asteroid lately, you can't fail to have noticed the launch of the new Mamba. Sleek, fast, stylish and apparently... inaccurate. So while it may well be dressed to kill, it's also likely to have some difficulty in living up to that image.

There's been plenty of talk that Griff Industries had rushed the release of their otherwise highly impressive latest creation. In fact there was even a supposed leak that blamed the lack of proper quality checks on the company president's love for a traditionally cooked vegetable dish!

The head of Griff Industries is alleged to be quite the fan of the 'poetaytoe', the organic that's fast becoming the luxury item of choice for the ludicrously wealthy. Rumour has it, he was absent during the relevant targetting alignment checks due to his appreciation of the fabled vegetable which, according to some, "tastes like heaven but looks like hell".

Attempts to synthesise them for mass consumption have so far been disappointing but this seems unlikely to be the case for the Mamba. Laser askew or not, the new Mamba already has a long line of hungry admirers. But unless you're aiming at a python, maybe move that trigger finger a little closer to the injectors than usual.

This is Spud Rogers, outside Griff Industries HQ, reporting for 'Extravagant Ships You Can't Afford'
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Spudulike in Space!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Not much time to fly in (hyper)space but could not resist a quick look... :wink:

What can one say, just beautifull!
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

cbr wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:14 pm
Not much time to fly in (hyper)space but could not resist a quick look... :wink:
As soon as you got the chance I'd have guessed this was coming :wink:
Nice fade on the red 8)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

cbr wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:14 pm
What can one say
No spudulike decals!

Red Herring:

How do people like their potatoes? I'm partial to Baked (with butter and spring onions) and Roast (sometimes with Rosemary added).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

another_commander wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:33 pm
New ship from Griff, here we go go go!!

Please make sure you view those on a viewer respecting png gamma (Chrome, Edge, Brave, MS Photos etc. should be OK), as they were originally taken in HDR mode.
'ing gorgeous.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

@timer - thank you for the kind words and thank you for all the work on the website and domain! i don't really post here much but i'm always lurking and i'd be lost without this place really so thank you guys for keeping it going!

@Redspear - Thanks for the write-up, that is hilarious! can it go on the wiki somewhere, maybe on my ship pages or something?

@Cholmondely - I'm not too adventurous with baked potato fillings i'm afraid, like most brits i try and include baked beans into almost every meal so most times it's just butter, baked beans and cheese :)

@cbr - Awesome work on the re-texture, looks really amazing - i pinched a lot of ideas for the model from fancy sports cars someone like Vin Diesel would probably do a big slow motion stunt in so i really love the paint scheme you've picked there - heh i'f i'd have though about it at the time, i should have put in some of that brightly coloured LED lighting on the underneath

@KW - Thanks for the kind words KW, that does mean a lot and it's good to see you pop in :)

-
sorry about the lack of screenshot but I've made a small update to the OXP, fixed some of the external camera view positions, changed the texture slightly on the wing so it'snot all that green material, checked the firing settings for the gun were correct and re-baked the glow map texture that does the blue light at the back, i think it's better now, used 4 'point lights' to do the first attempt and it looked like there was maybe some odd bits in the lighting especially around those exhausts cylinders, i tried again with a single 'area light' pointed at the ship and i think the result looks a bit softer and nicer, plus i've and added the CC licence to the uploads that i'd forgotten to put in first time round
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Griff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:36 am
@Redspear - Thanks for the write-up, that is hilarious! can it go on the wiki somewhere, maybe on my ship pages or something?
Sure, feel free to use it however you like.

I like your new forum avatar :lol:
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

LOL @ Image

Just a few to celebrate it's release...
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Riddick Racing Team :wink:
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

cbr wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:35 pm
Gorgeous but likely too dark for gameplay.

The wireframe glowmap idea I had last year, could that be toggled on/off?
Or alternatively activated at a certain distance from player?
:idea: :arrow:
[dreaming]Even better might be an opacity proportional to distance - so that the wireframe would be much more prominent at distance and yet invisible at close range...[/dreaming]
timer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by timer »

Guys, I'm (probably) good at code, but graphics and models - for me it's pure magic - it's awesome :shock:
Cobra MK III owner since 1994
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I agree! Really beautiful work cbr! :D
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

^^^^^
Here I subtracted the RGB part of the specglos map from the diffuse map with 50% overlay
^^^^^
Here I subtracted the inverted RGB part of the specglos map from the diffuse map with 50% overlay
I find the metal aspect to be more prominent when the diffusemap overall is a little darker...

Just out, find it here! https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=289350#p289350
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

damn, that's a Hell of an improvement!