Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

DeepSpace Ships OXP - Official Thread

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: DeepSpace Ships OXP - Official Thread

Post by Cholmondely »

CaptSolo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:31 am
I've gone retro, back to low-poly original models and Deepspace's ship set. Tweaked textures and new shader files to add decals to the hulls.
Looks interesting! That's now both you and Murgh who have opted for the low-poly route in the past few months (he even wrote an essay about it!). To my mind, the full Oolite ships set really has to include the Systems OXPs - Commies, Anarchies etc. For Murgh's Iron Ass suite, those Systems ships would need a retexture to properly fit in. But is that also true for your Deepspace tweak?

Noble sir,

I was only just looking at your "ModHUD", looked up, and saw that you had just posted! The download link seems to be broken, and I'm back playing v.1.77.1 so that I can try out the Vector mission, and am consequently playing around with the old HUDs. Would you also happen to have a copy of the Deepspace Retro HUD by any chance?

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: DeepSpace Ships OXP - Official Thread

Post by CaptSolo »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:39 am

Looks interesting! That's now both you and Murgh who have opted for the low-poly route in the past few months (he even wrote an essay about it!). To my mind, the full Oolite ships set really has to include the Systems OXPs - Commies, Anarchies etc. For Murgh's Iron Ass suite, those Systems ships would need a retexture to properly fit in. But is that also true for your Deepspace tweak?

Noble sir,

I was only just looking at your "ModHUD", looked up, and saw that you had just posted! The download link seems to be broken, and I'm back playing v.1.77.1 so that I can try out the Vector mission, and am consequently playing around with the old HUDs. Would you also happen to have a copy of the Deepspace Retro HUD by any chance?
The System OXP's may need upgrading but their function would, IMO, exclude them being packaged with either replacement or addition for the standard Oolite ships. I do not have either of Deepspace's HUD's. Have you tried downloading from here?
https://app.box.com/s/uc54ecg76y7945hd8w3kyler9bkqdhvp