CustomShieldsv083.oxp(NEW RELEASE)(Sept. 24, 2012)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: CustomShieldsv083.oxp(NEW RELEASE)(Sept. 24, 2012)

Post by another_commander »

CustomShields is an excellent visual enhancement. It does make the game much more difficult than intended in its default configuration though. I haven't seen Smivs' OXP, but judging from its description it appears to be something completely different.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

another_commander wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:37 pm
CustomShields is an excellent visual enhancement. It does make the game much more difficult than intended in its default configuration though. I haven't seen Smivs' OXP, but judging from its description it appears to be something completely different.
Thanks. I've seen neither, alas.

So I'll give Custom shields a red rating then. I presume that this is a result of the NPC's having shields as well as energy banks.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:12 pm
So I'll give Custom shields a red rating then. I presume that this is a result of the NPC's having shields as well as energy banks.
That is correct. The fix is very easy and, for future reference, it is thus:

1. Extract the oxz to AddOns using the Expansion Manager.
2. Remove the oxz from the managed addons by selecting the Remove Expansion Pack option in the Expansion Manager.
3. Rename the extracted expansion pack by changing its .off extension to .oxp.
4. Go inside the Scripts folder of the extracted oxp and open the file customshields.js using a text editor.
5. Find this block at the start:

Code: Select all

//------------------YOU MAY CHANGE THESE DEFAULTS--------------
   //
   //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   this.customshieldsshieldtype = "advanced";     //choices: "advanced" , "basic" , "off"
   //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   this.customshieldsshieldtypethargoid = "basic";     //choices: "basic" , "off"
   this.customshieldsshieldcolor = "multicolor";     //choices: "multicolor" , "blue" , "pink"
   this.customshieldsshieldcolorthargoid = "green";     //choices: "green"
   this.customshieldsdamageeffects = "sparks";     //choices: "damage" , "blownpanels" , "sparks" , "off"
   this.customshieldsmissilemineexplosioneffects = "on";     //choices: "on" , "off" 
   //
   //-------------DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW THIS POINT---------
6. Change the line this.customshieldsshieldtype = "advanced"; //choices: "advanced" , "basic" , "off" to this.customshieldsshieldtype = "basic"; //choices: "advanced" , "basic" , "off"

Done. Now the game is back to its original balance (and the visual effects are still present).