Recovering "Lost" OXPs

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Recovering "Lost" OXPs

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi

==>> Z_superico

-- some problems ( nothing, that makes it "not useable")
------ the "Defenders" have the status "offender" -- not good if i want to kill real offenders
----- the "Artwork" is worth an upgrade (i am not able to do this )

Slartibartfast
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just stumbled across this:

Does anybody recognise the HUD? And where would one find a copy of it?

The ad was made in 2010, if that helps...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

List of OXP's needing fixing (for reference)

This is a list of OXP's which I think would be valuable for newcomers

Minimal work (according to this dumb pilot)
Ship's Library: the MFD should be 1) free and 2) registered with HUDSelector so that it does not disappear with each newly restarted game (if someone can manage an override I could insert this in Addons for Beginners (Vital Statistics) which downloads Ship's Library)
Mining OXP - see here
Hathor Trade Station - beautiful! Just beautiful! And the docking experience (oooh!) But needs finishing (markets ''etc''.)
Cloud City OXP - see Zarece (Rough Guide) for inspiration! One presumes that it can be tweaked to only appear at Gas Giant planets (if need be, I'd be happy to scour the first galaxy and list them).

Lots of work
Life in the Frontier (fleshes out stations) needs adding to to create more differences between the various stations. This oxp has a lot of potential!
Hotrods OXP - (gangs) there is only the one real "gang". It would be super to see the others added and gang warfare between them. And a sensible link between the gangs and the vanilla pirates. Also needs new textures. This oxp has a lot of potential! It adds a lot of fun to the game.
Colonization - (hollow space station activity) needs texturing and a reason for its existence if the original activity is not created.
New Deal - (4-polar trade model) needs finishing (assuming anybody will ever understand the intricacies of the Trade.plist!).

Missions
Amber Moon Chronicles - (aliens!) needs finishing. Stormrider is still buggable for details of what he wanted to do with this.

Svengali's missions (Vector & Localhero) need updating, as does McLane's mission (Cataclysm)- my guess is that these 3 would need horrendous amounts of work. But they are not for beginners.

Obligatory pretty picture (Hathor Trade Station):
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm
Hathor Trade Station - beautiful! Just beautiful! And the docking experience (oooh!) But needs finishing (markets ''etc''.)
Hathor Trade Station is in the queue, I just need to find the time to test the individual shipyard. Remember, it's a first at Oolite (to my knowledge) that this feature will be included, so I am building from zero.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Just came across this:
scaseman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:55 pm
Cmdr James wrote:
daniel311 Im not sure which bits of OE you want, a lot of it is available in stand alone downloads. I think you can get almost all of the ships and missions.
I did a bit of research and managed to find and download all of the listed OXP's apart from the following: Arachnid, Buzzer, Cobra 3.5, Combat Computers, Condor, Debug Report, Deepspace HUD, Dodo Stations, DWCobra3, Dredgers V2.2.5, Galcops, Griff_Adder_normalmapped, Griff_Anaconda_normalmapped, Griff_Cobra_Mk1_normalmapped, Griff_Cobra_Mk3_normalmapped_less_scuffed_texture, Griff_Cobra_Mk3_normalmapped_original_scuffed_texture, Griff_Coriolis_normalmapped, Griff_Fer-de-lance_normalmapped, Griff_Fer-de-lance_normalmapped_scuffed_texture_version, Griff_python_normalmapped, Griff_Sidewinder_normalmapped, Griff_Thargoids_normalmapped, Griff_Thargoids_organic_normalmapped, Griff_Vipers_normalmapped, Griff_Worm_normalmapped, Griff_Normalmapped_ships, Griff_planetexpress, Griff_shady_station, Griff_ships_remixed, Halsis, Hammer, Hud-ng, Interceptor, MaegilsMissiles, Merlin, NavyStarships, Neolite Megaships, Osiris, Pallas, Playerstations, Realistic Shipyards 4.0, Renegade Pirates V3.0, Ringpod, RoC, Shady_blackmonks, Shreddies, Stingray_MK_II, Superhub, Swift, Tardis, Target Reticle, TrekHud, Tribant, Typhoon, Uber, Wakapiko0109, Wakatoro0109, Xarik.

Which I make a total of 55 OXP's If any of the above are still available please let me know. It does mean however that over 200 of the OXP's from the Extended Project are still available in one form or another.
Unfamiliar "oxp's" highlighted. This is presumably some sort of "cut & paste" from Lestradae's OE, so some of the names might be his for tweaked versions of vanilla game ships/other oxp's (GalCops, NavyStarships, etc)
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Stormrider wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:57 pm
... we will have to do something different with that Antient Aliens Amber Moon Chronicles page.

I've got some other ideas for a title that will be unique enough to avoid any possible licensing issues going forward. That was never intended to be the title it would be released under and frankly it is just a bunch of test scripts to try and get a handle on the coding aspect of creating missions.
Stormbringer, would there be any chance of your just writing down your ideas (if any) for this intriguing .oxp so that they could be included (for example) on the Amber Moon Chronicles wiki page?

Comments wanted:
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 pm
Stormbringer, would there be any chance of your just writing down your ideas (if any) for this intriguing .oxp so that they could be included (for example) on the Amber Moon Chronicles wiki page?
I'll have to see what I can come up with. I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now so I may not be able to come up with anything soon.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

BattleDamage OXP by Smiv's - Older Version

The older versions of this (pre-v.1.3) supposedly interfaced with his Smivs'Shipset.oxp, replacing the player's ship textures with damaged versions as appropriate. Smivs'Shipset would replace the NPC textures itself.

The code seems to have been removed from the newer oxz versions of this oxp.

While the older versions may be accessible through his website (https://www.smitheman.org/smivsonline/oolite.htm) - it is no longer obvious how to do this.

Does anybody have an original antique?

Damaged Python from Smivs'Shipset
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Hammer.oxp

I've come across a number of references to a Hammer.oxp.

I've also come across early references to a Hammer version of the Caduceus which then became the Caduceus Omega.

I've yet to find an equation of the two. And looking through the early versions of the wiki page on the Caduceus there is only ever the one download listed. For the Caduceus... there is no mention of a separate Hammer.oxp.

Are these the same? Or am I adding 1+1 and making 11?

What is the Hammer.oxp?
Comments wanted: