Commies OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Commies OXP

Post by JazHaz »

I couldn't find an official thread, so I thought I would create one to make this report.

I visited an Astromine the other day, and as I was making my approach to the station, in preparation to dock, I happened to fly close to a convict mining asteroids. I watched the convict shoot an asteroid into boulders, and those into splinters. I expected that they would start scooping the splinters, but no, they starting shooting the splinters too. I actually had one shot right in front of me as I was about to scoop it myself!

Is this correct behaviour?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Commies OXP

Post by Cody »

JazHaz wrote:
I couldn't find an official thread
This thread, perchance?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:
I couldn't find an official thread, so I thought I would create one to make this report.

I visited an Astromine the other day, and as I was making my approach to the station, in preparation to dock, I happened to fly close to a convict mining asteroids. I watched the convict shoot an asteroid into boulders, and those into splinters. I expected that they would start scooping the splinters, but no, they starting shooting the splinters too. I actually had one shot right in front of me as I was about to scoop it myself!

Is this correct behaviour?
Yes, this seems to be correct behaviour. Reading the shipdata and the AIs, there are two types of convicts. One—a you observed—is seemingly doing ordinary mining, but is then trying to sabotage the system by shooting the splinters up. The other doesn't bother with mining asteroids, but tries to scoop the splinters produced by the first type before that one can blow them up. So there is sort of a competition between the two. The first type outnumbers the second type 3 to 1.

What does it signify? Truth is, we don't know.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Commander McLane wrote:
Breaking rocks?
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

SandJ wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Breaking rocks?
Now you mention it, yes, it seems likely that Dr. Nil had something like this in mind.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

I found some peculiar things that might merit change:

* the systemWillPopulate in commies.js sets the System Populator Settings for CZGF and SLAPU with deterministic:true, but the player still can't save the game on those stations because their shipdata.plist definitions have non-zero max_flight_speed (0.0001);

* the AI (comfactoryAI.plist) has in the GLOBAL state

Code: Select all

UPDATE = (setCourseToPlanet, "setDesiredRangeTo: 10000", performFaceDestination, "setStateTo: IDLE");
which means that it will change the station's attitude (with roll, pitch and yaw) to face the main planet (those stations have max_flight_pitch and max_flight_roll defined as 0.5), but it will slowly move (since they have a 0.0001 max_flight_speed) towards it trying for a range of 10000;

I like to be able to save the game whenever and wherever I'm docked (mostly so I can reload the game with updated OXPs - I'm always tweaking something :lol: ), so I change the max_flight_speed to 0 for the comfactory and slapu shipdata.plist entries.

I also prefer not to find myself almost perfectly aligned with the docking bay as I arrive at the station from the main planet (looking for the docking bay makes me fly around the station and really look at it...), so I change the comfactoryAI.plist GLOBAL state to:

Code: Select all

UPDATE = ("setStateTo: IDLE");
I known this OXP is not maintained, and since I don't know how many people are bothered by these details, I'm just posting here how to change them for the people that are :wink:
Massively Locked
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Massively Locked »

Nice. I'll be headed to some commie systems soon & will definitely add your tweaks. Thanks for posting