The Collector mission.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

BeastieBoy
Average
Average

The Collector mission.

Post by BeastieBoy »

Hi All,

So I'm confused. I'm old so it happens frequently :lol:

So i started playing Oolite again after years away and took a couple of days sorting out OXPs etc and getting it to run to my liking.

So I start a game and get the Collector dialog when I land on Zaonce.

So I save up 1000 to buy the poor guy his EP but the dialog only comes up when I don't have the spare cash. No problem thinks i start a new game and just get the 1000. Well darn me if the same happens. I sell all my stuff do a couple of trade runs then I only get one dialog pop up before i land with 1000 in my pockets. then no more. Am i doing something wrong? I kind of like the missions and I'm a bit of a competitionist :oops:

BB
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: The Collector mission.

Post by Norby »

No problem here, just be patient a bit longer. This person will appear randomly with low chance (spoiler: 10%).
Note there is an official topic for questions about The Collector OXP.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: The Collector mission.

Post by Cholmondely »

BeastieBoy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:44 pm
Hi All,

So I'm confused. I'm old so it happens frequently :lol:

So i started playing Oolite again after years away and took a couple of days sorting out OXPs etc and getting it to run to my liking.

So I start a game and get the Collector dialog when I land on Zaonce.

So I save up 1000 to buy the poor guy his EP but the dialog only comes up when I don't have the spare cash. No problem thinks i start a new game and just get the 1000. Well darn me if the same happens. I sell all my stuff do a couple of trade runs then I only get one dialog pop up before i land with 1000 in my pockets. then no more. Am i doing something wrong? I kind of like the missions and I'm a bit of a competitionist :oops:

BB
Did you ever find him?

And by the way, any chance of your posting your joystick bindings for your Warthog - or has it given up the ghost?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?