Frontier

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Frontier

Post by Cholmondely »

We have a lot of FE2/FFE ships.

Would it make sense to create a "Frontier"-style oxp?

This could mark off sections of the Ooniverse as being, for example, Federation/Empire/Alliance with the relevant ships and the relevant conflicts.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Frontier

Post by Killer Wolf »

is there a way to incorporate allegiance into Oolite for this? make you more susceptible to attack if you have aligned w/ one faction, or are flying a particular type of ship etc?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Killer Wolf wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:23 pm
is there a way to incorporate allegiance into Oolite for this? make you more susceptible to attack if you have aligned w/ one faction, or are flying a particular type of ship etc?
Have you investigated Diplomancy at all?

And I suspect that some of the missions (eg Resistance Commander) might possibly achieve something similar, too.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

that looks really interesting, thanks for the heads-up. i always fancied trying to do something regarding the ongoing feud between Isis Interstellar and WinterHaven Corp.