External Missiles

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

External Missiles

Post by Killer Wolf »

Before i go and potentially waste any more time on my next ship, does anyoen know if Griff's script for externally mounted missles works in teh current version? i had a ship, the Phantom Intimidator, that used it, but i've loaded it up and although the ship shows the missiles on the belly when i fire them it just launches a missile from the standard position and one of the mounted missiles doesn't vanish.

TIA
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: External Missiles

Post by Cody »

I know Griff updated it for 1.80, but that was years ago. It hasn't been in my game for some time, but I can't recall why. If you quote Griff, he'll get an email notification (which no longer happens for PMs), and hopefully respond. I think it was Thargoid who supplied that script, btw.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Thanks Cody. i got the new version and had a bit play.
by how it's performing, and digging through my old Phantom stuff, it looks like it only works correctly for NPC ships. it kinda works on my player ship, but there's issues: i tried selling all my missiles and launching but the script appears to populate the max missiles [which would make sense for spawning an NPC], and when i fire it goes a bit loopy w/ the counts - the four fire from the belly [looks fricking awesome] but then it fires more from the standard missile position.

no worries, i'll adapt my approach and have the external missiles on a military version.
cheers
Cody

Post by Cody »

Killer Wolf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:31 pm
... it looks like it only works correctly for NPC ships.
Yeah, that figures! It's now restored to my game - a magical thing to watch!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

KW - did you see this one?

Z GrOovy HPC pack (2014): Dertien's Cobra & Sidewinder with lasers, landing gear and other bits you can shoot off!

See the linked videos.

There was also a slightly earlier rework of Griff's Krait (by someone else) which also had working subentities.

Last edited by Cholmondely on Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

hadn't seen that, those are nice ships!

The Redux Vampires had bits you could shoot off too, takes a bit more planning when you do the models but it's cool to see damaged ships, adds a bit atmosphere.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Eric Walch's re-jigged Griff Krait is here:

There also is a variation of the original Griff Krait by Eric Walch where some subentities are linked to equipment. When the subentity dies, the linked equipment is removed.

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?