Dw Cobra

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Dw Cobra

Post by Cos »

I fly the dw cobra mk iii which I love. I'm currently in the middle of assassins which I think is bloomin great, and I recently had a srap with the pirate version of my ship. Can I buy one?! If not is there anyway of making my ship look like that?

Keep up the fantastic work

Cos :D :D
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

AFAIK you can't buy a pirate version of any ship, you can only buy the player version.
I'm afraid I don't know if there is a difference between the two types of DW Cobra visually, there isn't normally (with other ships). :?
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Uncle Reno wrote:
I'm afraid I don't know if there is a difference between the two types of DW Cobra visually, there isn't normally (with other ships). :?
The pirate version has the skull-and-cross-bones icon on the wings and a yellow stripe down the centre, not a white one.

Captain Hesperus
"Heed the mantra. See the yellow stripe, shoot the yellow stripe."
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
The pirate version has the skull-and-cross-bones icon on the wings and a yellow stripe down the centre, not a white one.
Ahh, I see now, not seen one of those yet. He'll be one of those stealth pirates who doesn't attract much attention from the cops then! :wink:
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Ok, if I can't buy is there anyway of obtaining that paint job? I tried changing the file from player to pirate this morning, and the exterior looked fine, but I had no cockpit view at all, any ideas?

Cheers

Cos
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

If you open the Shipdata.plist in DW Cobra OXP and change the name of the model to the one used by O-Ren Ishii's ship, that should do the trick. You'll only get the paint job though and your ship will still be a DW-Cobra in terms of performance as you don't have the Illegal stolen Experimantal Shield Generaters that she does!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

OK, how do I know which one is O ren ishis ship? Thanks for the help.

:)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Victim6

Her ship uses:-

Code: Select all

<key>model</key>
<string>dwcobra3pirate.dat</string>
Now open up the shipdata.plist for the dwcobra OXP and do a find for the player ship (type in player under find). Go to the key <model> and change it to dwcobra3pirate.dat :wink:

I didn't make her Hooded Cobra available to the player as it would be way too uber for a player ship, but this should work to give you the paint job! Many Commanders fly the DW Cobra in either paint job as this ship is available on the open market. The Hooded Cobra though is a one off mission ship (a standard Cobra but fitted with a special sheild generator).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Cos
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cos »

Thanks amigo, works a charm, got exactly the ship I want now.

:D :D :D

Cos