Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

fatal signals

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

fatal signals

Post by Killer Wolf »

alright...twice tonight i fought my way through some Hellish battles, got myself a hold full of scooped cargo and some fine bounties, only to have the game just....vanish. last thing the STDERR said sometihing about "fatal signal rec'd : segmentation error, SDL parachute deployed" or such like - is this an instal prob, or maybe just related to my system's apparent instability? it's fricking annoying, let me tell you.. :-(
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Sudden Crashes are an Oolite Bug on the PC, but don't happen very often. If you're getting them a lot then it may be down to a system problem.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Twisted
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Twisted »

I get the same error (when and only when) I use a quinnium mine (especially near a station).

I tested it twice near the station and oolite got booted both times. Further out it seemed to work but when I returned to the station the station was textured with a ship texture. (Very interesting :shock: ).

PC version 1.65