Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Some strange things / never seen before

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Some strange things / never seen before

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hi
- docked on a Kiota-Manufacturing-Station
i was "launched" without "F1" pressed
.... and after there was no Kiota anymore

- i accepted job " unknown signal / other side of the sun "
-> no "debug area" on my "Compass" // i have often done this before

matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Some strange things / never seen before

Post by arquebus »

On #1 - I just had that happen to me, too. Station got attacked?

On #2 - That "debug" target was apparently, indeed, a debug error, and I believe it has been fixed in a recent update of whatever was causing the problem. Telescope, I think? I swear it was just a week ago and I can't remember.
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

arquebus wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:21 am

On #2 - That "debug" target was apparently, indeed, a debug error, and I believe it has been fixed in a recent update of whatever was causing the problem. Telescope, I think? I swear it was just a week ago and I can't remember.
No, not Telescope, but rather GalCop Missions.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Do you have the Kiota Station Relocator installed? It is an OXZ that moves Kiota Stations into orbit around a system's star instead of using them as Main Station replacements. If you do have the aforementioned OXZ installed there is a rare occurrence where the star based Kiota Station's orbit begins to decay and it falls in towards the star. If you happen to be docked at a Kiota Station when this event occurs you will be kicked out into space and the station will get sucked down into the corona of the star and disappear. You might be able to anticipate such events by noticing just how close the Kiota Station is to the star before you dock with it. After gaining a bit of experience docking at such locations this judgement usually becomes easier to anticipate. Be forewarned that there have been reported instances of unanticipated stellar activity causing such circumstances to occur at a much shorter time frame.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Nite Owl wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:50 pm
Do you have the Kiota Station Relocator installed? It is an OXZ that moves Kiota Stations into orbit around a system's star instead of using them as Main Station replacements. If you do have the aforementioned OXZ installed there is a rare occurrence where the star based Kiota Station's orbit begins to decay and it falls in towards the star. If you happen to be docked at a Kiota Station when this event occurs you will be kicked out into space and the station will get sucked down into the corona of the star and disappear. You might be able to anticipate such events by noticing just how close the Kiota Station is to the star before you dock with it. After gaining a bit of experience docking at such locations this judgement usually becomes easier to anticipate. Be forewarned that there have been reported instances of unanticipated stellar activity causing such circumstances to occur at a much shorter time frame.
That sounds like an utterly superb in-game event which has been under-utilized. The Kiota station should be programmed to issue an alert, warning all pilots to scramble and clear out ASAP! And the player should be just one of dozens of ships summarily evicted... And should get to see the Kiota fall into the sun and explode... Or all the ships should be issued with tow-bars and drafted to haul the station further away...

This could be a real fun event...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hello

Nite owl wrote:
Do you have the Kiota Station Relocator installed?
No -- i don't

arquebus wrote:
Hmmm maybe -
but (afair) after i was lauched, there have been only two "clean" ships.

matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard