Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Stranger things in Oolite... Or "too difficult at start"

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Stranger things in Oolite... Or "too difficult at start"

Post by Cody »

arquebus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Aha! I will give that a shot.
When feeding pirates, slow right down or stop, then pedal to the metal when they turn yellow.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

Is this really true? They had enough space in the game code to add that sort of complexity? I understood that one chose one's own difficulty by visiting safer or more dangerous systems.
Yes, it is true, you can try it in an emulator, the number of enemies in random encounters, and the general difficulty of them, was tagged to your reputation basically, as you increased in status the number of enemies appearing would increase and if not then the difficulty. I rarely had targoid encounters before somehow dangerous reputation, when I reached deadly, my biggest win was me alone in targoid space vs 4, which I won (still today don't know how but it took me around 25 minutes of combat and runnning)
I dont remember it getting harder, if anything the extra equipment you tend to acquire made made it gradually easier. Even the missions were for the most part more about getting you to do new things rather than being challenging.
No, at least in the Amiga, it placed more enemies per encounter as you increased in reputation. It was literally a difficulty increase modifier, which in my perspective makes more sense to attract new players than throw a nihilistic concept of if you have bad luck you're dead load the game again :wink:
Just to be clear on this: there are no attacks by Clean ships in the unmodified core game, unless you get certain contracts (usually of the too-good-to-be-true type). What is observed here is almost certainly the result of one or more of the expansion packs in use.
Probably. I did enter their formation because I thought the game was screwing up and was trolling (I mean 10 ships??) Tried a couple of times more and it doesn't seem to have an attack trigger so maybe I touched one of them during the formation trolling :)
So I sometimes get this too. Usually at Isinor. My regular game start is Lave > Zaonce > Isinor and then bounce between Isinor & Tionisla until I'm semi-equipped (Fuel Injectors first, then cargo bay expansion) and then start exploring Qutiri & Ensoreus. I play with Weapon Laws which means that the nearest military lasers & STE are at Biarge, also with the fuel tanks oxp's and with Strangers World (need fuel to run engines). Stranger's World also kicks in with much higher prices for food & textiles after leaving Lave, so I usually make 3x the regular profit at Zaonce (massively helps saving up for fuel injectors!).

But I always avoid the traffic lanes, so if I don't get scragged at arrival, I'm all right. And if I do get scragged, I've my fuel injectors to do a runner with. So, yes, I usually do get attacked by hordes of McNasties, just like you, but I run away (and I never get to count them!). And if it happens at arrival at the witchpoint beacon on my very first jumps to Isinor (before I've bought my injectors - has happened just the once so far), I'm dead.
See this is what I have a problem with, have you noticed you actually have to have a new, non-original-elite equipment to stand a chance at the very beginning, namely fuel injectors? I never ran from a fight in the Amiga (well, I tried with Targoids but...) even with a Pulse Laser. Here you literally have to have an escape turbo to survive and I'm sporting a freaking military laser, which means the designers chose as difficulty level on the game Realism vs Progressive Difficulty (for those who played D&D in the past, it was the choice of following the encounter levels of the adventures or just randomize the damn thing and let the players handle it). You cannot mark the levels at start as easy and normal, when you are obliterated on jump by 4-5 enemies at the very first jump on any difficulty level. Do not believe it is designed properly in that sense.
When feeding pirates, slow right down or stop, then pedal to the metal when they turn yellow.
Can't we stop, drop the cargo, wait for them to turn yellow, repick the cargo and run?
Cody

Post by Cody »

albanlusitanae wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:17 pm
Can't we stop, drop the cargo, wait for them to turn yellow, repick the cargo and run?
You can try!
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

Tried. He requested me to drop my cargo... which I had none... :roll:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Any chance of posting your oxp's so we can nail down the culprit? They get listed in your latest.log each time you start up the game.
Mac OS X: Restart Oolite, and select “Show Previous Log” from the “Oolite” menu in the menu bar. Alternatively, in the Finder, select “Go to Folder…” from the Go menu, and enter “~/Library/Logs/Oolite/”, and find Latest.log.
Windows: in Oolite’s folder (typically in C:\Oolite), there is a folder called oolite.app, which contains a folder called Logs. A shortcut to this folder is created at Oolite's Start Menu entries during installation. If you have installed the game in a folder subject to file virtualization like C:\Program Files\Oolite and encounter difficulty in locating the log files, then please refer to the Known Issues section of this FAQ for information on how to access them.
Linux and other Unix-like systems: ~/.Oolite/Logs (that is, in the hidden folder .Oolite in your home folder). If you’re using Nautilus or Konqueror—if you’ve never heard of them, you probably are—select Show Hidden Files from the View menu.
Last edited by Cholmondely on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

I will post it when i return to the gaming computer later on.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

albanlusitanae wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:17 pm
No, at least in the Amiga, it placed more enemies per encounter as you increased in reputation. It was literally a difficulty increase modifier
I did play the amiga versiona few times but mostly PC and amstrad and Im pretty sure that wasnt true then.

FWIW the amiga version was significantly different to "proper" elite on the bbc.
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

What makes BBC proper?
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:33 pm
Any chance of posting your oxp's so we can nail down the culprit? They get listed in your latest.log each time you start up the game.
Mac OS X: Restart Oolite, and select “Show Previous Log” from the “Oolite” menu in the menu bar. Alternatively, in the Finder, select “Go to Folder…” from the Go menu, and enter “~/Library/Logs/Oolite/”, and find Latest.log.
Windows: in Oolite’s folder (typically in C:\Oolite), there is a folder called oolite.app, which contains a folder called Logs. A shortcut to this folder is created at Oolite's Start Menu entries during installation. If you have installed the game in a folder subject to file virtualization like C:\Program Files\Oolite and encounter difficulty in locating the log files, then please refer to the Known Issues section of this FAQ for information on how to access them.
Linux and other Unix-like systems: ~/.Oolite/Logs (that is, in the hidden folder .Oolite in your home folder). If you’re using Nautilus or Konqueror—if you’ve never heard of them, you probably are—select Show Hidden Files from the View menu.
I retested the 10 clean ship formation and was actually able to fly with them so something went wrong on that time. That one is settled.

Ok so now this is what I found in the logs regarding the multiple enemy attack question.

Resources
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/cim.gsagostinho.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ExplorersClub.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.solos-good-fortune.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.camera-drones.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.extracts-tre-clan.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.ships-library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Fireworks.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Station_Bundle.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.hoqllnq.missile-beep.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Knotty.RealisticStars.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Ambience_Collection.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.CombatMFD.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.FreighterConvoys.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Gallery.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG-A.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Trails.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Okti.CargoScanner.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EmailSystem.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.SolarFlares.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramen.Mutabilis-Ships_Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramen.Status_Quo-Ship's_Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Rorschachhamster.Satellites.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Delightful Docking.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.manifest_mfd.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.navigation_mfd.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_player-ship_name.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.trophy_collector.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Staer9.Icesteroids.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Hyperradio.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Pagroove.BGSSoundset.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.CommandersLog.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.FlightLog.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TrackerCam.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Display_Reputation.oxz

Now mind you I accept it if there is nothing wrong with the mods, I just need to know if this was the design decision
I will eventually get around the massive 1-to-many thingy with the pirates, but I just need to make sure this WAS by design.

I dont agree with that design decision, but its ok. :) Just need to know if it was
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

albanlusitanae wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:08 pm
What makes BBC proper?
Lord Reith did. Sadly, his influence has faded....
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

albanlusitanae wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:48 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:33 pm
I retested the 10 clean ship formation and was actually able to fly with them so something went wrong on that time. That one is settled.

Ok so now this is what I found in the logs regarding the multiple enemy attack question.

Resources
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/cim.gsagostinho.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ExplorersClub.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.solos-good-fortune.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.camera-drones.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.extracts-tre-clan.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.ships-library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Fireworks.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Station_Bundle.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.hoqllnq.missile-beep.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Knotty.RealisticStars.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Ambience_Collection.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.CombatMFD.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.FreighterConvoys.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Gallery.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG-A.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Trails.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Okti.CargoScanner.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EmailSystem.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.SolarFlares.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramen.Mutabilis-Ships_Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramen.Status_Quo-Ship's_Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Rorschachhamster.Satellites.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Delightful Docking.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.manifest_mfd.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.navigation_mfd.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_player-ship_name.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.trophy_collector.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Staer9.Icesteroids.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Hyperradio.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Library.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Pagroove.BGSSoundset.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.CommandersLog.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.FlightLog.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TrackerCam.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
C:\gaming/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Display_Reputation.oxz

Now mind you I accept it if there is nothing wrong with the mods, I just need to know if this was the design decision
I will eventually get around the massive 1-to-many thingy with the pirates, but I just need to make sure this WAS by design.

I dont agree with that design decision, but its ok. :) Just need to know if it was
I can see nothing in your list which would account for it. I presume that if you had had any oxp's in your AddOns folder that they would have been included in the list.

It is obviously your taste in pith helmets and spats. When you dressed up to go to the bar at the Lave Orbital before your very first flight, you must have antagonised some of the O'Nasties present who decided to come after you and clobber you for your sartorial predilictions.

This is a warning. No more pith helmets! Abhor spats! ...they just get you into other spats.
Comments wanted:
Cody

Post by Cody »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:37 pm
No more pith helmets! Abhor spats!
And don't wear white socks, or the dread god Finagle will be on your case!
albanlusitanae
Average
Average

Post by albanlusitanae »

Lol thanks guys :)

Just a note, I started anew aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I think the problem is Isinor.
I went into the Dark SIde (Yeah I turned into a pirate) between Zaonce and Tionisla aaaaaand... almost no enemies or patrols,
it is a literal shooting gallery and all out buffet on the cargo canisters...

3 runs, 1 hours, 6,000 Cr profit and still clean status... unbelievable....
arquebus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by arquebus »

And now I've run into a really weird and frustrating problem along similar lines.

New "Easy Start" start. I travel one sector to the west to pick up injectors. And now... I'm kind of trapped. I exit the station and there's a Thargoid invasion happening. I manage to pull away from them and go to Torus, then engage my Witchspace drive to go back to where I started... and I get a witchspace malfunction (Thargoid attack). Every time. I've reloaded the save six times, trying different things (getting farther away before I engage the drive, etc.), but nothing helps. I'm basically dead in the water at the start.

Not so terrible since I can easily start over, but wow.

It's *probably* one of my 400 OXPs, but I looked through the list of the ones for "Mechanics" (which would be the most likely culprit) and I don't see anything that immediately strikes me as probable.
Here is my YouTube channel, where I play poorly: Arquebus X
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

arquebus wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:50 am
And now I've run into a really weird and frustrating problem along similar lines.

New "Easy Start" start. I travel one sector to the west to pick up injectors. And now... I'm kind of trapped. I exit the station and there's a Thargoid invasion happening. I manage to pull away from them and go to Torus, then engage my Witchspace drive to go back to where I started... and I get a witchspace malfunction (Thargoid attack). Every time. I've reloaded the save six times, trying different things (getting farther away before I engage the drive, etc.), but nothing helps. I'm basically dead in the water at the start.

Not so terrible since I can easily start over, but wow.

It's *probably* one of my 400 OXPs, but I looked through the list of the ones for "Mechanics" (which would be the most likely culprit) and I don't see anything that immediately strikes me as probable.
I got exactly that with cag's wonderful Station Options. Really scary with my lousy combat skills.

If you are running it - just upgrade to his whizzy new Telescope 2.0 with his new station options with extra-added options! That should fix it. The extra-added options give the bugs a massive attack of the galloping heeby-jeebies and they leg it (mandible it?/claw it?)!
cag wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 am
I don't think that this version needs "Telescope Options" any more.

Oh! And there is a new Telescope Extender too (3/5/2018)
Comments wanted: