Where is it?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Commander Mick
Competent
Competent

Where is it?

Post by Commander Mick »

Looking for the thread where they were all talking about the BBC Micro version of Elite as a emulation on PC and how it didn't work for them.
Well I found a few that do work, but only up to the point where I tested them myself. I haven't yet used the Galactic Hyperdrive, let alone even saved my game to be able to reload it later.

http://www.bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=366

Where I found that the disc and tape version worked to the point I played the game as far as hyper driving to Leesti and from Lave in the Cobra Mark Three and sold some food for some profit.

While both the enhanced and the Co-op Version required a BBC Micro with a 6502 2nd Processor, if that's possible for a BBC Micro emulator.

While the Elite-A (With a Adder as your starter ship and 500 Credits.) worked but played up much like the original BBC Micro Elite that was the download for given to the majority of backers for Elite Dangerous.

You can play all of those in the browser provided on each of their own pages, but the Elite-A browser game will still play up.....
Right on Commander!!
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: Where is it?

Post by hiran »

Commander Mick wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:14 pm
Looking for the thread where they were all talking about the BBC Micro version of Elite as a emulation on PC and how it didn't work for them.
[...]
Searching for this one? https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21026
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Commander Mick
Competent
Competent

Re: Where is it?

Post by Commander Mick »

Yeah, some thread I started about it, and was told that they were talking about this on a much earlier thread. Anyway, I'm kind of confused because that was changed to a Decal Discussion. I will look for it then.

Thanx for your help anyway.
Right on Commander!!