Elite - The New Kind

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

The Behemoths. (Set the turrets frangible)

The Rattler, Basilisk...ANY NPC that uses multible front laser mounts.

Torus stations, Transhab stations, Military stations, the Deathburger.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Commander Burton
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Burton »

I thought it had been discontinued ?

Also when I go to the ETNK website, I get a 404.

Is it fully working and downloadable somewhere ?
Yours,

Cdr Burton
Elite
Since
MCMLXXXIV
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Officially it has been discontinued., but I just did a quick google and found it, if you have any problems pm me.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

CJ Pinder has a new site up, I found it once, though there wasn't much on it at the time. Supposedly he got things settled with the David and is planning a new version of TNK.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

He's nort really done anything with the new site since he announced it, but I still check it out periodically
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
rabidvixen
Above Average
Above Average

Elite Starship Blueprints

Post by rabidvixen »

I noticed that somebody mentioned my name (Jannah Berihn) in relation to the Jonathan Bluestone name, and that I had produced a series of blueprints of the original Elite ships. Well, the good news is that they are still available ... but it might be a week or two before a few of them are finished as I had to re-work a few of the plans due to data corruption when they were stored as JPEGs (the majority of them were in GIF format). However, if anyone is interested, they can contact me at [email protected] and I'll respond. I'm also willing to permit their use as 'freeware' as long as I get mentioned as their originator. You may also be interested to know that a set of super-detailed Cobra MK III blueprints also exist which show both the exterior and interior of the ship in living color, with and without the landing gear deployed and with all features (as mentioned in the original BBC Space Traders guide shown. I'm also willing to update my own blueprints to show critical battle damage if anyone wants me to!
Berihn Shipping: We get it there ... eventually.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Elite Starship Blueprints

Post by Cholmondely »

rabidvixen wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 am
I noticed that somebody mentioned my name (Jannah Berihn) in relation to the Jonathan Bluestone name, and that I had produced a series of blueprints of the original Elite ships. Well, the good news is that they are still available ... but it might be a week or two before a few of them are finished as I had to re-work a few of the plans due to data corruption when they were stored as JPEGs (the majority of them were in GIF format). However, if anyone is interested, they can contact me at [email protected] and I'll respond. I'm also willing to permit their use as 'freeware' as long as I get mentioned as their originator. You may also be interested to know that a set of super-detailed Cobra MK III blueprints also exist which show both the exterior and interior of the ship in living color, with and without the landing gear deployed and with all features (as mentioned in the original BBC Space Traders guide shown. I'm also willing to update my own blueprints to show critical battle damage if anyone wants me to!
These are now found here: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/berihn/ships/
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Commander Mick
Competent
Competent

Re: Elite - The New Kind

Post by Commander Mick »

Not a bad version of the game at all and it's one I find to be most playable.
Right on Commander!!
Commander Mick
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Mick »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:08 pm
rabidvixen wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 am
These are now found here: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/berihn/ships/
Looking a the Cobra Mark Three........ is that really a Orbital shuttle in the cargo compartment?
Right on Commander!!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Commander Mick wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am
Looking at the Cobra Mark Three........ is that really a Orbital shuttle in the cargo compartment?
No idea... But feel free to bug her!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?