Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Scooping anomalies

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Judebert
Dangerous
Dangerous

Scooping anomalies

Post by Judebert »

I've found two scooping anomalies.

I'm still in galaxy 1, so I'm often running full or nearly full. But sometimes I get into fights where the horde polishes off a bit of my cargo: then it's time for plunder!

Strangely, though, when I trade gold, platinum, or gems at a station, it doesn't count against my cargo capacity. When I scoop them, they do. On F5 screen, it shows 29t/30t, plus whatever I scooped. But I can't scoop anything else until I jettison something, and the attempt results in ramming.

I could explain this away, saying the booty is in a cargo container, and I can move it into the safe only after I've docked. So it's just an anomaly, not a bug.

Second, I can't scoop fuel containers if my cargo bay is full. I'm using the fuelpod OXP, of course. Annoying, but I could make the same rationalization as above.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

The scooped pods do not take up space like the valuables.

My rationalisation is thus:
the last cannisters are still held by the cannister handling bots, there is actually no cargocradle for the last pods.
(this makes no sense with cargo-cycling) :/

A thing that bothers me lately: some OXP or Oolite calls for cargo in a strange way:

Code: Select all

[Universe getShipWithRole: Luxuries] couldn't find a ship!
Don't know what is causiing the ruckus.
forget about me writing down my specs. Dinnertime and I got all the OXPs.etc
Riding the Rocket!
GoreLeech
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GoreLeech »

hunh...ive seen something similar before.......the only solution is rebooting Oolite, and it seems to straighten itself out :?
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Scooping anomalies

Post by TGHC »

Judebert wrote:
I could explain this away, saying the booty is in a cargo container, and I can move it into the safe only after I've docked. So it's just an anomaly, not a bug.

Second, I can't scoop fuel containers if my cargo bay is full. I'm using the fuelpod OXP, of course. Annoying, but I could make the same rationalization as above.
You are right it's an anomaly not a bug, whatever you scoop counts as if it's a 1ton container. Oddly though if you scooped multiple containers at high speed you used to be able to go over your cargo hold limit.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
eddyp
Competent
Competent

Re: Scooping anomalies, NO BUGS!

Post by eddyp »

Judebert wrote:
I've found two scooping anomalies.

Strangely, though, when I trade gold, platinum, or gems at a station, it doesn't count against my cargo capacity. When I scoop them, they do. On F5 screen, it shows 29t/30t, plus whatever I scooped. But I can't scoop anything else until I jettison something, and the attempt results in ramming.

This IS a bug IMHO since if you jettison the gold/platinum/gem-stones you will NOT get the cargo space back, AFAICT.

Also, I am in the second galaxy and this happens to me only for Platinum, I don't think I have seen this behaviour for Gold or gem-stones.
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Re: Scooping anomalies

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

TGHC wrote:
Oddly though if you scooped multiple containers at high speed you used to be able to go over your cargo hold limit.
Expect a slight delay at the next station as cargohandlers are forced to excavate your cargohold manually. ;)
Riding the Rocket!