Recovering "Lost" OXPs

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Recovering "Lost" OXPs

Post by Cholmondely »

Note on downloading from Box: if one cannot download individual oxp's from Box, but one can see the Box page where the oxp is staring at you:
1) Try deselecting your desired oxp
2) and clicking the "download" button in the top right corner of the page.

You may be rewarded with a single bulky download of each and every file on that page instead!

This worked for me for:

•Eric Walsh's two collections on box:
OXPS for Oolite v1.74+ in https://www.box.net/s/duvm9k33lz (2010-4): includes TOGY with Steve Jobs, Dredger Showroom, Cargo Wreck Showroom and Final Capital

Older OXPS in https://www.box.net/s/duvm9k33lz (2010-4): includes Ringpod, Nukes, Oosounds Combined, Freaky Thargoids and Ixian ships

•Okti's Collection
https://www.boxcn.net/s/bpl582x1hu from 2011-2
SafeJumps
Galaxyinfo
Primable Laser
Autoskim
PirateEBomb
LongRangeScanner
CargoScanner
OresratiChallenge
InterstellarRescue
PylonBasedEqRemover
TargetTracker
MinerPod
SunSkimmerPod
OneWayTicket2Oresrati
LinkG7
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Kestrel & Falcon uploaded to the expansion manger, links and further details could be found at Kestrel & Falcon wiki
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

If I want to go over to the expansion manager version (I'm assuming that at some point there might be modifications or something) what will happen to saved games that use this ship?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

ffutures wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:35 am
If I want to go over to the expansion manager version (I'm assuming that at some point there might be modifications or something) what will happen to saved games that use this ship?
Currently, your ship will remain exactly the same. The only modification made is an additional entry, so you can find both crafts in the ship library. Future releases will include a complete convert of the code, some more textures and an overwork of the NPC ships first, so the player ship will be safe for a while. :wink:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

There are some interesting OXPs by Switech mentioned here - in the context of why they were written.

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9254
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:33 pm
There are some interesting OXPs by Switech mentioned here - in the context of why they were written.

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9254
Like always, thank you. I had a first quick glance and from the first posts at least I know now who wrote Fer de Lance NG, time to update the wiki. :D
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

maik wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:53 pm
montana05 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:37 pm
Griff's Krait will get a fresh up, while the master himself will take care of textures and shaders I will assist a bit with the shipdata.plist and the multiple lasers. :wink:
Wow, I forgot how good it looks!
Griff was so kind and sent me the updated graphics, now they look much better. :wink: I am currently changing the code, it will include player versions, and the original Griff Krait side by side with the next generation, Griff Krait Novel and Griff Krait Warrior, the last one with 4 fire lasers.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

montana05 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:31 pm
maik wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:53 pm
montana05 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:37 pm
Griff's Krait will get a fresh up, while the master himself will take care of textures and shaders I will assist a bit with the shipdata.plist and the multiple lasers. :wink:
Wow, I forgot how good it looks!
Griff was so kind and sent me the updated graphics, now they look much better. :wink: I am currently changing the code, it will include player versions, and the original Griff Krait side by side with the next generation, Griff Krait Novel and Griff Krait Warrior, the last one with 4 fire lasers.
:D :D :D
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

A question for the community, does anybody have Baakili Far Trader V 2.0 and Z-ships V 2.0 ??

I do have V 1.20 / V 1.00, but it would be nice to upload the latest versions. :)

Edit:
I can't upload Baakili Far Trader V 1.20, this version needs a complete overhaul first. :roll:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Merlin & Kestrel:

Came across this 2009 complaint:
Cmd. Cheyd wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:59 pm
Someone - Please remodel the Merlin/Kestrel?? I like the ships, but at their current sizes, I don't feel they are fair. Size them on par with the originals, albeit on the lower end, and they'd be nice.
No idea what it's about, but just thought I'd flag it up. It might be to do with a rejig by Lestradae of the original ship specs which did not affect the Merlin & Kestrel .oxp's themselves.
Comments wanted:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Lestradae's meta-oxp was a bit like Marmite, and caused some friction.
Personally, I prefer (crunchy) peanut butter on my toast.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:05 pm
Merlin & Kestrel:

Someone - Please remodel the Merlin/Kestrel?? I like the ships, but at their current sizes, I don't feel they are fair. Size them on par with the originals, albeit on the lower end, and they'd be nice.
No idea what it's about, but just thought I'd flag it up. It might be to do with a rejig by Lestradae of the original ship specs which did not affect the Merlin & Kestrel .oxp's themselves.
Personally I had the same feeling, Kestrel and Merlin are too small for all the equipment. I intend to remove a lot from the Kestrel (less cargo and no shields or hyperdrive) and scale the Merlin up, probably also remove some equipment.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:27 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:05 pm
Merlin & Kestrel:

Personally I had the same feeling, Kestrel and Merlin are too small for all the equipment. I intend to remove a lot from the Kestrel (less cargo and no shields or hyperdrive) and scale the Merlin up, probably also remove some equipment.
Good. I think we're very lucky that you have the time to do this. To have somebody "who knows what he's up to" go through a group of old .oxp's and think about them in the context of what else is out there, means that there should be some sort of underlying logic underpinning what we will end up with. Thank you!
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Good. I think we're very lucky that you have the time to do this. To have somebody "who knows what he's up to" go through a group of old .oxp's and think about them in the context of what else is out there, means that there should be some sort of underlying logic underpinning what we will end up with. Thank you!
Thank you for the kind words but ironically the reason why I got time to do this is covid. However, regarding Charlie's ships, they will stay "ueber" just more balanced. :wink:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Just to flag these up:

Sabre's collection (2007): http://www.leebennett.force9.co.uk/oolite/
•Dredgers.oxp.zip 2007-07-05 10:29 1.9M The very first original Deep Space Dredger
•Tardis_screenshot.jpg 2007-07-06 22:32 118K
•bioSphere.oxp.zip 2007-07-05 10:29 321K https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... ere Thread (2011-2)
•liberator.oxp.zip 2007-07-23 23:35 857K 4 front mounted military lasers and 3 rear mounted turrets! from Blake 7 on the telly!
•liberator_screenshot.jpg 2007-07-23 23:35 78K
•shreddies.oxp.zip 2007-07-05 10:27 433K https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... st Cereals (2009)
•tardis.oxp.zip 2007-07-05 10:17 114K Dr Who! https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... Tardis OXP (2007)
•tardis_model.zip 2007-07-06 21:06 127K
•tribant.oxp.zip 2007-07-05 10:27 1.7M (a Trader ship)
•velocity.oxp.zip 2007-04-28 00:59 248K http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Velocity_OXP

I suspect that the Great Deletion [https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4973 We are losing our collective memory] (Aug 2008) meant that Sabre's work lost out on a wider coverage.
Comments wanted: