Finding objectives in random hits

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

hijong park
Above Average
Above Average

Finding objectives in random hits

Post by hijong park »

I'm looking for a OXP that gives random challenging missions and currently enjoying random hits. But I'm having a frustration :
When I went to the planet where the ship I was ordered to destroy is located, It's really hard to find that ship in the space. One time I could meet the objective quickly but when I'm unlucky I can never find him. Right now I'm moving between planet and sun for over 30 minutes and still couldn't find that vampire mark II. is there a requirement to make him appear or is it completely random ?

It would be helpful if the mission gave some hints where the objective usually appears at. (Around planet, around the sun, or outside of them)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Finding objectives in random hits

Post by spara »

The mark is always spawned between the witchspace beacon and main station. When you enter the target system, set your course straight to the main station and you should meet your mark on the way. Unless something derails them from the route or something.
hijong park
Above Average
Above Average

Post by hijong park »

spara wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 am
The mark is always spawned between the witchspace beacon and main station. When you enter the target system, set your course straight to the main station and you should meet your mark on the way. Unless something derails them from the route or something.
Thank you, now I can find the target easily. Before this I flied all over the place.
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

As far as I remember target is marked as bounty, so other NPCs can destroy it before you are find it. Mission is failed in this case. Time is critical.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

stranger wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:38 am
As far as I remember target is marked as bounty, so other NPCs can destroy it before you are find it. Mission is failed in this case. Time is critical.
You are correct, happened more then once to me. Sometimes the mark could be driven of the straight route by heavy attacks, resulting in a wider search for the player.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.