Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Hi-res planets and speech

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dos_box
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Hi-res planets and speech

Post by dos_box »

Where do I get the hi-res planet textures from? I've looked high and low and can't find them. I keep seeing in game footage with these (and with speech too) and would like to find out how I go about getting them installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Welcome 'Dos Box' - your first post - I was in your position just two weeks ago - theses BBs are almost as addictive as the game!

I don't know about the advanced textures for planets but there's an oxp available which adds lots of extra speech to the game - I don't think its been put back up on Oosat or Oosat2 but I did find a link to it in one of threads "Customer Sounds" - so you try and see if this link is still active: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jhs/oolite/custsounds.zip

HTH,

DaddyH
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

The speech feature is mac-only for now. There is an expansion pack with recorded speech, but it can't generate place names for example.
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

Hi dos_box welcome to the forums, we're a friendly bunch here. I think the info you're after is here https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=2261 but the high res planets are only for PC at the moment (so good if you're a PC man or baaaaaaaaad if you're not)
dos_box
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by dos_box »

Thanks for the replies. I should have introduced myself really, but it was late last night when I posted and my 2 year old had just gone to bed (hours after she was supposed to!) and I was cranky. I have really enjoyed being able to get back into the Elite universe, and if it wasn't for the Uk magazine Retro Gamer I would have never found out about it!!
Anyway, thanks for your help and I look forwards to contributing in the future. Now then, about that new Python I've been eyeing up.........