Wierd Docking Feature

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Wierd Docking Feature

Post by LittleBear »

I've been updating my Assassins.oxp to fix a small bug. The bug is fixed by for some reason, now once you have been to Beatle in G7, when you dock instead of going to the F5 screen, the game shows you a view from the rear of your ship looking out of the Docking Bay. The view is cleared when you press any of the F keys and the game runs normally. I've no idea how my code could of caused this, but the feature is quite cool!

Me docked at a pirate cove:-

I can try and fiddle with my code to stop this, or would people rather I left it in?
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Pangloss
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wierd Docking Feature

Post by Pangloss »

LittleBear wrote:
I can try and fiddle with my code to stop this, or would people rather I left it in?
I feel a Christmas poll question. I say 'leave it in'. It's like being at a cafe, watching the worlds go by...
"All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds..."
Dr.Pangloss, Voltaire's 'Candide'.

ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

I agree, leave it in.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

I recall it happening to me when I was play testing, but did not associate it with an assassins bug, just one of those occasional windows/Oolite quirks, even though 1.65 is pretty stable.
I did think it was quite cool though, so I say leave it in as well.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

I came across this, and appear to have messed up my savegame file. Probably one of my own OXPs causing the trouble though.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

johnsmith wrote:
I came across this, and appear to have messed up my savegame file. Probably one of my own OXPs causing the trouble though.

Ouch
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Tried a different Commander and it didn't happen.

Probabley isn't therefore anything to do with mine or JS's OXP code (I just thought it was, as I changed somthing and it happened), just one of those odd Oolite things that can happen anytime I guess!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.