Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Hunting the Constrictor

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ulli
Above Average
Above Average

Hunting the Constrictor

Post by Ulli »

Hi, I flew through a crowded system (and it wasn't even an anarchy) and got some extra kills, so finally I got the Constrictor Mission (and sold my Boa for a Fer-de-Lance for the fighting; having less targetable surface is goood).

Well, at the original site they directed me to Arexe, and there they said that the Constrictor did a Galaxy jump, so so did I. Now I'm in Galaxy 2 (never before saw any reason to jump there...), but I have no idea where the Constrictor could be.

I arrived at Orrionti, and also took a look through the nearby Atorat system. Now I'm at Esbete (better techs), but I have no idea where to look. Did I do something wrong? Is the purpose of this mission to just fly around until you get another clue?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

In oringinal Elite, you entered G2 at a fixed point. Within 7 light years of your point of entering G2 was a system where you could get a clue as to where the Constrictor had gone. In Oolite the point where you enter G2 is not fixed, so that planet could be a fair way away. HINT : check some of the planet descriptions on your Large Scale Galactic map.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Ulli
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Ulli »

Well, but the game didn't say where the Constrictor went, only that it jumped. In Oolite a galactical jump transports you to a location in the same area as in the galaxy you were in before, so I'm very close to where Arexe is in G1.

I'll fly a circle around the planet I arrived at, to see if anybody has seen the ship... That would also make sense with the 7 light years.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Will PM you the planet where you can get your first hint if you are really stuck.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Ulli
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Ulli »

Thanks, but I just found the next hint. Wasn't too far off. Now the question is if I should save to buy some military shields first...
Judebert
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Judebert »

I had military shields, but I shot him down with my military laser before he had a chance to fight back. Learn to snipe.

Okay, it was a bit disappointing. Maybe dogfighting would've been more fun.