HyperCargo OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: HyperCargo OXP

Post by Nite Owl »

Taka:

Ran into the same problem a while back. The Trader Rating is a function of the Market Observer OXZ. The two OXZ's are incompatible in that the Trader Rating function has no way of reading cargo that is placed into HyperCargo and thus returns with the lost cargo thing lowering your Trader Rating. There is a relatively easy work around but it involves two things: Being able to do a simple edit on a .plist and not being able to ever see your Trader Rating again. If this is okay by you read on.

Open the Market Observer OXZ. Open the config folder. Open the world-scripts.plist in the config folder with your favorite script editor (not Windows Notepad). The second line of text in that world-scripts.plist file should look like this:

Code: Select all

"mo_traders_rating.js",
What you want it to look like is this:

Code: Select all

//"mo_traders_rating.js",
What this does is "comment out" that line of the .plist so that it is not read by the game. You will want to make a backup copy of the world-script.plist before saving it with that line commented out just to be on the safe side of things. The end result is that the mo_traders_rating.js (and your Trader Rating) will not be a functional part of your game anymore but the rest of the Market Observer OXZ will continue to function as it always has.

This game is sometimes an Ooniverse of choices. To me HyperCargo is a much more vital system then the Trader Rating so the sacrifice was made.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka »

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. :)

No, it doesn’t get in the way of game play. It’s just a slight annoyance, really... I don’t like being called a “Loser” even though I make profit on every run and have 400k in the bank. ;)
Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka »

Nite Owl...

Thank you!!!
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Actually you should thank Spara, the creator of the Market Observer OXZ. He is the one who gave me the above answer when asked the same question, by me, about a year and half ago. This may be a single player game but we are all in it together.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka »

This is why I love Oolite so much: it reminds me of my teens playing Elite in the 1980s (C64, rank: Elite), it’s single player, and it has a huge online presence. :)
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

I'm willing to take maintenance/development for this OXP.

I don't know how this is done, if there is anybody to ask/inform besides Thargoid, how to get edit perms to the OXP page in the wiki, how to post the OXP file for download int the wiki, how to update the OXP Manager, etc., but for now, until I find those thinks out (or somebody objects too strongly), I will put the files on dropbox and post a link here.

HyperCargo-1.11:

- internal IDs for commodities Liquor/Wine and Alien Items corrected: now it's possible to load/unload them into HyperCargo;
- log messages added;

Plans for v1.12:

- Make HyperCargo look into the ship manifest and main station market to find out the commodities list; that would make it compatible with OXP created commodities like Witchfire Whiskey and QUirium Fuel. For that I will have to change the format of the mission variables that go into the save file... I will make a conversion routine to load the mission variables from old save files, but to go back to pre-1.12 it will be necessary to empty HyperCargo before saving, or cargo will be lost. This is work is 80% done.

- Make HyperCargo more compatible with MarketObserver OXP: preserve the purchase annotations, find a way to make MarketObserver aware of cargo in HyperCargo at docking time (so it's not considered lost by MarketObserver). I already looked into the first part, but not the second yet.

Comments?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

dybal wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:04 pm
how to get edit perms to the OXP page in the wiki, how to update the OXP Manager
Ask maik in private message for wiki login and read through the first post in The All-in-One Guide to OXZ Packaging and Distribution.

Good luck & be persistent! ;)
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Greetings!

Status of next release development:
  • Get rid of the hardcoded commodities definitions - that means commodities created by OXPs (like Witchfire Whisky and Quirium fuel) can be loaded into HyperCargo: done.
  • Load the Market Observer buy log with the commodity (cleaning it on load into HyperCargo and re-populating it on unload form HyperCargo): done.
  • Make available to other OXPs a WorldScript to get a copy of the HyperCargo Manifest: done.
  • Update bounty calculation for smuggling out restricted goods (using the System Market commodities data definition of legality); the bounty now is the same if the contraband is in the cargo bay or in HyperCargo: done.
  • Update handling of precious metals and gem stones to follow the cargo marshalling rules; those rules say that if there is 500kg or more of any of them (Gold, Platinum or Gem Stones) that commodity takes cargo space, with each TC holding a full ton and the leftover going to the safe if less than 500kg, otherwise in another part-filled TC... for example, 499kg of Gold will use no TCs, 600kg of Gold will use 1 TC, 1200Kg of Gold will use 1 TC and 200kg will stay in the safe, 1700kg of Gold will use 2 TCs, etc. The TCs filled using those rules will be loaded into HyperCargo: done
  • Make use of EscapePodTweaks OXP data, if installed, to avoid loading scooped Escape Pods into HyperCargo in-flight - if they are loaded, the player will not get any bounty/insurance reward for scooping them, they will be considered common slave pods: done.
  • Halved the damage probabilities: done
  • HyperCargo can be uninstalled, there is a 200₢ uninstalling fee but the player get a 80% refund of the purchasing price: done.
  • Update loading/saving data from/to savefile missionVariables - the old missionVariable format was based in a hardcoded (and implicit) list of commodities and could not support the OXP created commodities, so the next version will save data to a new missionVariable: done.
  • Make the new version capable of loading the old missionVariable data so cargo loaded into old HyperCargo isn't lost: done.
  • Log the loading/unloading operations into the log file: done

If the player has scooped precious metals or gem stones, each scoop operation creates a TC in the cargo bay, even if with a single gram of gem stones inside (there is an OXP, Vacuum Pump, to consolidate that). If the player then loads its cargo bay into HyperCargo, there are three ways of handling it:
  • HyperCargo is simple and just loads the TCs from the cargo bay into the bubble as they are;
  • HyperCargo is complex and consolidates the TCs for each precious metal or gem stones into the least number of TCs, but doesn't touch the safe contents;
  • HyperCargo is really complex and includes the safe contents in the consolidating, following the cargo marshalling rules
The handwavium for the third option would include quite complex machinery to automagically move goods to/from the safe in the cockpit/escape pod...

I have not written code for any of that yet.. any opinions about which option is better?
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Does that equipment cost something or is it free?
Josef
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Josef wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:10 pm
Does that equipment cost something or is it free?
HyperCargo System 12,000 13+

HyperCargo System Illicit Hack 6,000 9+
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Thank you!
Josef
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Josef wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:49 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Thank you!
You are more than welcome, Sir Josef!

Again, the fact that you point out the missing information allows me to update the relevant wiki pages so that they are useful for others. So: Thank You!

In the instance above, I've not added the details of the illicit hack to the page, due to the way that the author (Thargoid) wrote about the hack in his description (an illegal operation which one has to go searching for, which implies that one would not know the costs up-front). What do you think?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

dybal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:44 pm
Greetings!

Status of next release development:
  • Get rid of the hardcoded commodities definitions - that means commodities created by OXPs (like Witchfire Whisky and Quirium fuel) can be loaded into HyperCargo: done.
  • Load the Market Observer buy log with the commodity (cleaning it on load into HyperCargo and re-populating it on unload form HyperCargo): done.
  • Make available to other OXPs a WorldScript to get a copy of the HyperCargo Manifest: done.
  • Update bounty calculation for smuggling out restricted goods (using the System Market commodities data definition of legality); the bounty now is the same if the contraband is in the cargo bay or in HyperCargo: done.
  • Update handling of precious metals and gem stones to follow the cargo marshalling rules; those rules say that if there is 500kg or more of any of them (Gold, Platinum or Gem Stones) that commodity takes cargo space, with each TC holding a full ton and the leftover going to the safe if less than 500kg, otherwise in another part-filled TC... for example, 499kg of Gold will use no TCs, 600kg of Gold will use 1 TC, 1200Kg of Gold will use 1 TC and 200kg will stay in the safe, 1700kg of Gold will use 2 TCs, etc. The TCs filled using those rules will be loaded into HyperCargo: done
  • Make use of EscapePodTweaks OXP data, if installed, to avoid loading scooped Escape Pods into HyperCargo in-flight - if they are loaded, the player will not get any bounty/insurance reward for scooping them, they will be considered common slave pods: done.
  • Halved the damage probabilities: done
  • HyperCargo can be uninstalled, there is a 200₢ uninstalling fee but the player get a 80% refund of the purchasing price: done.
  • Update loading/saving data from/to savefile missionVariables - the old missionVariable format was based in a hardcoded (and implicit) list of commodities and could not support the OXP created commodities, so the next version will save data to a new missionVariable: done.
  • Make the new version capable of loading the old missionVariable data so cargo loaded into old HyperCargo isn't lost: done.
  • Log the loading/unloading operations into the log file: done

If the player has scooped precious metals or gem stones, each scoop operation creates a TC in the cargo bay, even if with a single gram of gem stones inside (there is an OXP, Vacuum Pump, to consolidate that). If the player then loads its cargo bay into HyperCargo, there are three ways of handling it:
  • HyperCargo is simple and just loads the TCs from the cargo bay into the bubble as they are;
  • HyperCargo is complex and consolidates the TCs for each precious metal or gem stones into the least number of TCs, but doesn't touch the safe contents;
  • HyperCargo is really complex and includes the safe contents in the consolidating, following the cargo marshalling rules
The handwavium for the third option would include quite complex machinery to automagically move goods to/from the safe in the cockpit/escape pod...

I have not written code for any of that yet.. any opinions about which option is better?
Would love to see the 1.12 with all the 'done' bits from above. Looks like you'd made some great progress. It would be a shame to have done all that and not make it available.

Re: three ways. I prefer a variation of option 2, leave the safe contents, maybe even add a library tweak to leave all precious metals and gems. Leave escape pod captures, again optional.

It would be great if in a later version the transfer could be more granular like market is, i.e. being able to move one or more of an individual asset in or out of hyper.