Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Invalid] Interstellar links not displayed on CUSTOM_CHART_* when the ANA is not activated

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Invalid] Interstellar links not displayed on CUSTOM_CHART_* when the ANA is not activated

Post by Day »

Hi everybody,

when setting a F4 mission interface with a "backgroundSpecial" property set to "CUSTOM_CHART_QUICKEST" or "CUSTOM_CHART_SHORTEST", if the ANA is not in "shortest" or "quickest" mode on the F6 screen, then the custom links are not displayed.

I'm speaking about the links set this way:

Code: Select all

SystemInfo.setInterstellarProperty(galaxyNb, from, to, 2, "link_color", color);
Oolite version: 1.89, last commit of today.

Any idea?

Day
Last edited by Day on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Interstellar links not displayed on CUSTOM_CHART_* when the ANA is not activated

Post by phkb »

I think this one is by design. Custom links aren't shown on any backgroundSpecial screen when the ANA is not in shortest or quickest mode. In fact, no links of any sort are shown if the mode is not one of those two.

Your best bet is to make sure one of those two modes is selected whenever you display a screen that needs to show links, and then revert back to the previous setting when your screen is finished.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Interstellar links not displayed on CUSTOM_CHART_* when the ANA is not activated

Post by Day »

phkb wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:58 pm
I think this one is by design. Custom links aren't shown on any backgroundSpecial screen when the ANA is not in shortest or quickest mode. In fact, no links of any sort are shown if the mode is not one of those two.
Well yes, that's what I thought.

It breaks a little the immersion, when being in a F4 interface, to have to go to the F6 interface to set the ANA mode, before going back to the F4 interface.

It would be useful to be able to modify the ANA mode through javascript, or maybe simpler to set the ANA in the adequate mode depending on the requested backgroundSpecial option.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I think I might have misunderstood the issue. Apologies! I'll report back shortly.
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, I just did some tests by hacking on the Galactic Registry OXP. In a brand new ship (ie with no ANA at all) and with the ANA equipment installed but set to no route mode, I got space regions to show on a custom chart. Could I trouble you for a sample OXP to demonstrate the problem you're having?
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Oh?
Yes, I'll prepare one :)
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

I don't reproduce it anymore, and really don't see why.
I'm sorry to have made you lose time, phkb :oops:

The good part is that now, that part of my oxp works perfectly.