Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

What happens to the player ship homeSystem when the player jumps to another galaxy?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

What happens to the player ship homeSystem when the player jumps to another galaxy?

Post by Day »

Let's say that the player ship homeSystem is 7 (Lave) in the first galaxy.

So the flag of the player ship is Lave.

Now, the player jumps to the 2nd galaxy.

Does their ship change automatically its flag from (galaxy 1, system 7) to (galaxy 2, system 7)?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: What happens to the player ship homeSystem when the player jumps to another galaxy?

Post by phkb »

homeSystem is a system number only, and doesn't include any galactic chart reference. This is because the value is not really applicable to the player.ship. It is used by some AI routines for decision making.

For reference, though, if you set the value to a particular system eg G1-7 = Lave, then jump to G2, it will then reference G2-7 = Esrilees.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: What happens to the player ship homeSystem when the player jumps to another galaxy?

Post by Day »

phkb wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 am
homeSystem is a system number only, and doesn't include any galactic chart reference. This is because the value is not really applicable to the player.ship. It is used by some AI routines for decision making.

For reference, though, if you set the value to a particular system eg G1-7 = Lave, then jump to G2, it will then reference G2-7 = Esrilees.
Thank you phkb :-)

Yesterday, when working on the "Citizenship" part of Diplomacy, I noticed your Home Systems oxp, and read its code. It's a very interesting oxp :-)
I think I can't integrate it with Diplomacy, but I'll try to have the Citizenship part of Diplomacy not overlay with Home Systems :-)