How does an OXP get included in the in-game manager?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

brownandsticky
Poor
Poor

How does an OXP get included in the in-game manager?

Post by brownandsticky »

I'm fairly new to the game, but want to branch out to missions.

I see some OXP's in the Oolite Missions page of the wiki and BB that look fun, but that are not offered by the in-game manager e.g. Galactic Navy. And others in the 'manager that are not on the wiki e.g. Galcop Missions.

I appreciate that the wiki and BB are user driven and may not be up to date. My question is, how do OXP's get added to the in-game manager?
I'm happy to manually install OXP's, but wonder if I'd end up installing obsolete or depricated OXP's.

'any opinions on whether Galactic Navy is still good value? Scratch that, I just read up on the license issue and the game balance. 'reckon I'll look at Galcop and wait for HIMSN

Jim
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: How does an OXP get included in the in-game manager?

Post by Norby »

The OXP howto can help to make an oxz from an oxp, then The All-in-One Guide to OXZ Packaging and Distribution tell howto upload it into the manager. An oxp can arrive into the manager if somebody take these jobs and some extra steps to follow the changes in core, for example convert markets of oxp stations.
brownandsticky
Poor
Poor

Post by brownandsticky »

Thanks for the info Norby.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

brownandsticky wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:30 pm
'any opinions on whether Galactic Navy is still good value? Scratch that, I just read up on the license issue and the game balance. 'reckon I'll look at Galcop and wait for HIMSN
Sorry to disappoint but the development of HIMSN was stopped, however there is a Beta version available if you would like to have a look at it. While Galactic Navy got some bugs it still could be enjoyable to fly the missions. Except if you are wanted and meet a Navy patrol I don't see much problems with the game balance. The major issue is the game license because to improve the OXP you are forced to write a new one from scratch.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Prester John
Competent
Competent

Post by Prester John »

montana05 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 am
brownandsticky wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Sorry to disappoint but the development of HIMSN was stopped, however there is a Beta version available if you would like to have a look at it. While Galactic Navy got some bugs it still could be enjoyable to fly the missions. Except if you are wanted and meet a Navy patrol I don't see much problems with the game balance. The major issue is the game license because to improve the OXP you are forced to write a new one from scratch.
I have downloaded it, unpacked it and (seriously!) analysed all the components. And I think I've got a global understanding/knowledge about "How and what to do".
I will use it as a model to help me create my "Star Trek Project".
Though, I believe it will take a lot of time to even succeed in a properly working 'basic *.oxp'.
Thanks to OOlite Programming Language, it looks like one other language I already used. *crosses fingers*