Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

OXZ

Post by Hemlock »

I did search, honest :?

When I last played this game the OXPs went into a file folder called PC/Oolite/Addons (or something similar) and I used to like to play about with them (for my enjoyment and my ooniverse)

However, I cannot for the like of me see where the OXZs go once they have been downloaded through the manager.

Would be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the general direction of the directory....

Thanks. Regards

Hemlock
Commander Hemlock
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: OXZ

Post by Cody »

On Windows, here: ~:\Oolite\oolite.app\GNUstep\Library\ApplicationSupport\Oolite\ManagedAddOns
Last edited by Cody on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

If on Windows, try [OoliteInstallRootDir]\oolite.app\GNUstep\Library\ApplicationSupport\Oolite\ManagedAddOns.

Note that you are not supposed to be messing around with managed expansion packs - that's why they are called managed and that is why they go into that folder. What you can do, though, is select "List installed expansion packs" in the Manager, then select the OXZ you are interested in from the list and hit "x" to extract it to the standard AddOns folder. The extracted OXZ will be in a folder with the name of the OXZ and the extension ".off". You can then remove the OXZ from the ManagedAddOns folder using the OXZ Manager and manually change the extension of the extracted OXZ from ".off" to ".oxp". From that point on, you can play with it and edit it just like you have always done.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Ah good, the Admiral covered the hard bit. It's worth noting that OXZs downloaded manually from the Wiki (or elsewhere) will work happily in the AddOns folder alongside OXPs.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hemlock »

Thank you so much. Appreciate the help

H
Commander Hemlock