Dark Ray

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dark Ray

Post by stranger »

Dark Ray

Latest OXZ - Version 0.1.2
Uploaded 02 March 2019

This is extremely simple OXP. It turns off laser beam glow – not only your laser but NPC’s laser too. Precise fire control is however quite simple – just hear hit tone in headset and check bright reflex on enemy shields/hull. Custom Shields OXP (author CommonSenseOTB) is not obligatory, but useful as visual helper with cool functionality.

Personally I think laser beam visible in vacuum is not just stupid Hollywood pattern. Injection of excited atoms into laser beam may ease aiming similar to using tracer bullets and shells in real reality. In game laser colors provides visual cues to identify combatants beyond scanner range and/or without STE upgrade. Magenta for Galcop or Navy, green for thargoids, red for other ships. Some expansion packs provides more complex color coding as additional visual cues. Aim of Dark Ray is opposite: to remove such visual cues completely, immersing player in fog of war. Pure Ambience category formally, but affecting gamer’s battle experience.

The idea of this OXP and working way of realization belongs to commander vasig, my friend from Russian sector of Ooniverse. Having formal skills in OXP assembling I just presented it in right way. I declare myself as author of Dark Ray in info.plist and manifest.plist just for technical reasons: it is my part of work to maintain and distribute it. Refer to authors of Dark Ray as vasig & stranger.
Last edited by stranger on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Dark Ray

Post by another_commander »

The download link leads me (running Edge on this computer) to a page with a message reading "Can't connect securely to this page".
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Dark Ray

Post by stranger »

Just send copied and refreshed link. Have no idea why link was damaged (it was working when I was try it first time). Seems to be identical with previous - but it was leading to 404 page. Now it seems working. :o
Have anybody problems with other links?