Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Nice piccies - but 600x462... Hi-res?
You stopped one click too soon DH.. those are the thumbnails.. actual size is 3057x2355
:oops: D'oh! :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
KZ9999
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Lost in Witchspace being hunted by a Thargoid Swam.

Re: Cobra MK III General Plans

Post by KZ9999 »

rabidvixen wrote:
Jannah Berihn ...and I wish to point out that high-rez images of the Cobra MK III do exist and that I am declaring them public domain as long as I am credited with their illustration in any usage.
I thank you from the bottom of my software simulated heart! <Bows and scrapes on floor. I'm not be worth to kiss your footsteps> :D

I've been looking for something like this for the Oolite manual project for simply ages. Don't worry I totally repsect your creative IP.

I know it's a bit of cheek to ask, but you wouldn't have a simplified version of the designs in a vector format would you? I would have to shrink it down to fit a A4 page and I would hate to have it go all blurry.
KZ999's Oolite documents, including the new draft Oolite Game Manual, can be found at www.box.net
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Cobra MK III General Plans

Post by JensAyton »

rabidvixen wrote:
Hi, its been a while since I posted, Jannah Berihn (aka Jannah Reich in Second Life) and I wish to point out that high-rez images of the Cobra MK III do exist and that I am declaring them public domain as long as I am credited with their illustration in any usage.
Point of order: if attribution is required, it ain’t public domain. Try Creative Commons attribution. :-)
DataPacRat
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Deck plans?

Post by DataPacRat »

It's been a few years, and a lot of these images aren't even available via the Wayback Machine; are there any more currently-available deck plans for Cobras, Adders, et al?
Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Does aₘᵢₙ=2c²/Θ ? I don't know, but wouldn't it be fascinating if it were?"
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

DataPacRat wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 am
It's been a few years, and a lot of these images aren't even available via the Wayback Machine; are there any more currently-available deck plans for Cobras, Adders, et al?
It turns out the guy who was hosting Jannah's deckplans is still active on his Deviant Art channel.. I've messaged him to see if he still has copies of her work.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I've had a reply to my query, and it turns out he still has the original artwork.

He's re-posted the image of the Cobby, and it can be seen here:
https://jonathanbluestone.deviantart.co ... -732474885

(note that it's 4780 x 4056 in size, and you may need to click on it twice to see it at full resolution)

Jonathan has also told me a bit more about the story behind the image, and I'm awaiting his permission to post it here, as I think it's information that's not generally known.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied