Tionisla Reporter

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Tionisla Reporter

Post by another_commander »

Start witchspace countdown and at around 2 seconds pull up to maximum pitch (using keyboard, joystick does not hit perfect maximum, if I recall correctly). The objective is to reach 0 with maximum pitch up. Doing this will force a misjump.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

Finally, I have made the misjump... Surprisingly, there were no Thags around nor any other ships. I have been running the torus drive with no mass disruption. So did I miss something, because I have been flying and the stars or planets or whatever the hell it out there is not coming any closer. Is this something I that I just need to be patient or am I missing something? I am doing about 319490 m/s or nearly 715000 mi/hr. There has to be something out here, right?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

If everything worked correctly, you should have seen the planet as soon as you exited witchspace. If you didn’t there might have been a bug - check your latest.log file for any clues.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

kcallis wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am
So would someone explain to me how I am suppose to create a misjump?
You should hang aruond in a sleazier kind of bar. You overhear the most useful things. And I think you probably did, but didn't notice that you were being given a HINT.
kcallis wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am
I know that one time I did end up with a misjump, fought off Thars and there were were system ship involved with the dogfight. Did I miss my opportunity at that point?
I didn't complete the mission while I was still in G1 (I'm planning to re-try it when I'm on the second loop, to get the isolated stars in G4.), but it sounds to me like you did miss a chance there.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Bug report. I accepted the mission, but then my ship was destroyed... several times. Note: I have Ship Repurchase, if that matters. Anyway, when I finally got to the place for the mission, I discovered that my ship no longer had the camera equipment (EQ_EREHWON_PHOTOCAMERA). Simple fix might be adding the following line in equipment.plist for the camera equipment:

"portable_between_ships"=yes;

Alternatively, the quest could be modified to detect the missing camera and redirect the player back to Tionisla for a replacement.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the report, Milo. I’ll get an update out shortly.
phkb

Post by phkb »

Version 1.3.8 is now out, which makes the camera portable between ships. Thanks again to Milo for the bug report.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

Ok, this is one of those missions that has vexed me for a long time. I get ready to make my mis-jump back to Usle and seem to mis-jump correctly. It is just the way things are, or am I going something wrong. When I mis-jump, I am about 165000KM from the only planet that my telescope sees. Is that correct or am I mis-jumping too early, because at the rate I am going now, I am only about 133000KM and I have been running for about 15 minutes or so...
phkb

Post by phkb »

The planet should be generated within visual range of your ship. You shouldn't need a telescope to see it. If it's not being created, either another OXP if causing a conflict or there's a bug. It would be helpful to get a copy of your latest.log file from a session where you jumped in and didn't see the planet.
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

phkb wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 am
The planet should be generated within visual range of your ship. You shouldn't need a telescope to see it. If it's not being created, either another OXP if causing a conflict or there's a bug. It would be helpful to get a copy of your latest.log file from a session where you jumped in and didn't see the planet.
I will give that a try a little later. I realize that I am working with 351 expansions, and I think what I need to do is try to weed out where this hiccup is. So considering that I am using 351 expansions packs, could you explain how to properly use the binary method to better cherry pick my extensions. I am playing latest version under a Arch Linux.
phkb

Post by phkb »

kcallis wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am
So considering that I am using 351 expansions packs, could you explain how to properly use the binary method to better cherry pick my extensions. I am playing latest version under a Arch Linux
If all your AddOns were downloaded via the built-in Download Manager, you'll need to go to that folder. On Linux systems, this should be something like home/username/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns (although I can't validate that myself, as I'm running Windows). I'd suggest creating a sub folder in there called "Hold", and move things in an out of that to conduct your testing.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

phkb wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 pm
although I can't validate that myself, as I'm running Windows
On my box,
username@machinename:~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns$ ls
cim.gsagostinho.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
oolite.oxp.BeeTLeBeTHLeHeM.LifeInTheFrontier.oxz
oolite.oxp.BeeTLeBeTHLeHeM.Life-In-The-Frontier-Revival.oxz
oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ExplorersClub.oxz
oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.PoliceIFFScanner.oxz
oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
oolite.oxp.CaptSolo.Cobra_Mk3-XT.oxz

(In Unix-ese, "~" is a shorthand for "/home/username", or however your system is configured to provide storage for non-administrator accounts. What the equivalent through the Looking Glass in the World of Windoze, I know not.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks, RockDoctor!
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

phkb wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 pm
kcallis wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am
So considering that I am using 351 expansions packs, could you explain how to properly use the binary method to better cherry pick my extensions. I am playing latest version under a Arch Linux
If all your AddOns were downloaded via the built-in Download Manager, you'll need to go to that folder. On Linux systems, this should be something like home/username/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns (although I can't validate that myself, as I'm running Windows). I'd suggest creating a sub folder in there called "Hold", and move things in an out of that to conduct your testing.
I happened upon the directory right after I posted my message. Back on the initial question... I have mis-jumped many times, and the only thing that happens now is sometimes there are a number of VIpers and several Thargoid Battle Cruisers and tharglets; or thargoid robots just floating; or occassionally witch space inhibitors, but never a planets.
phkb

Post by phkb »

That sounds like you've got Interstellar Help, Interstellar Tweaks, and some Thargoid expansions installed. Could you copy the list of OXP's from your latest.log file so I can check to see what might be conflicting? Thanks!