Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Zzzz... fzt.. whu ... oh hey...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Zzzz... fzt.. whu ... oh hey...

Post by Simon B »

montana05 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 am
Simon B wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 pm
Are there special favorites from my old sets that people would especially like to see more in tune with the new oolite universe?
Not an old set of yours but 1 set that pops up in my mind is Military Fiasco (no offense meant). I personally like the mission and the ships there but if you compare them with the new oolite universe they could use some refurbishment, maybe in the style of your Light Destroyer or ADCK's Galactic Navy ships.
One of the last things I was playing with was navy ships ... a big triangular carrier.
Currently mainly interested in small ships, fighters.

Thought of theming one of the empires as SW-esque... but also musing of hijacking my neolite anaconda design as a military ship, add in the re2dux constrictor design since it's just too beautiful not to keep. All renamed and repurposed.

So the anaconda would be a pocket star destroyer/frigate, the constrictor a destroyer or heavy scout.
Themed textures for the vipers ... that actually looks easier than what I had.
And a carrier ... I had two carrier designs, one a big triangle and the other basically a dock with engines strapped in.
Military base.

That would mean checking to see which things I'll be stepping on.
But right now ... getting used to the tools.

Have not looked at military fiasco.
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Post by Redspear »

Simon B wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 am
I think I know though... it's a chopped cobra with big engines and cut-away panels to accommodate huge intakes.
There was some enthusiasm for that at the time but it never made it to a model.
Yes, that sounds like the one.

Simon B wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 am
... hmmm you have seen my ships right? "Returning to original" is not what I do.
Fair enough.
I had got the impression however (if my chronology is correct) that, with regards to shipsets at least, you had been heading in that direction.
Waka/Piko ---> Neolite ---> Re2dux

Simon B wrote:
So the anaconda would be a pocket star destroyer/frigate, the constrictor a destroyer or heavy scout.
Sounds good.
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

It worked on the first image...
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Holy mother of..... :shock:

It's SIMON B!

Welcome home, mate.. didn't think we'd ever see you again..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

Well on and off ... I have real world projects occupying modelling skills. Architecture CAD and reno.
I've downloaded the latest version and looking to see if I can update skins to fit better with Griffs ships.
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Simon B wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 pm
I've been getting notices of downloads from box still, curious that people still like them with the griff ships not the standard.
Are there special favorites from my old sets that people would especially like to see more in tune with the new oolite universe?
Duggan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 pm
CaptSolo wrote:
I had heard about re2dux and just now added it. I say, Simon really has gone back more toward the classic look, but with lots of flash gear. Gotta love the glows and the look of vessels that have been around the eight and back again.
Seconded...SBs work garners much respect IMO, I am particularly enjoying the challenge of trying to nail just one of his Aphid Pirates and I appreciate also the Sense of Humour viz a viz the Bath time Easter Egg sometimes found in Asteroid Fields :)

Now ..if only someone could mend his awesome ubertharg oxp so that it actually shot at us
Does anybody have any idea as to what the Bath time Easter Egg is (and which .oxp it is in)?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:56 pm
Does anybody have any idea as to what the Bath time Easter Egg is (and which .oxp it is in)?
A rubber ducky (squeek! squeek!) in the aforementioned (and very fine) Re2dux oxp.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:22 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:56 pm
A rubber ducky (squeek! squeek!) in the aforementioned (and very fine) Re2dux oxp.
Thanks!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?