Possible to abuse equipment_price_factor < 1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

QCS
Dangerous
Dangerous

Possible to abuse equipment_price_factor < 1

Post by QCS »

Looks like there are stations which seem to have an equipment_price_factor < 1... (at least that's what I found for the Kiota Research Station from Wildships OXP). Now it is easy to abuse this to buy equipment and sell it again at a higher price, because the selling of equipment seems not to use this factor.

I guess it would be possible (did not try) to get the factor from player -> ship -> dockedStation in an playerBoughtEquipment() script, but should it really be the responsibility of each and every single OXP author who offers a full refund on equipment to account for this factor somehow? And if so, should this be more prominently discussed somewhere in the Wiki?
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Possible to abuse equipment_price_factor < 1

Post by Astrobe »

The problem is actually bigger than that. It's not just about every OXP author should take care of that; it's also about interactions between OXPs.

They'll always be various "exploits" and ways too cheat. But this is not an online game with micro-payments. So when players discovers a "lucrative activity", they can either ask themselves if it is fair, or they can ask the author(s) if it is intended.