[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Post by spara »

Vincentz wrote:
Nice :-)
I would really love it if, on arrival to system, a message (coms?) popped up saying something like "bring the passenger/cargo/parcel to xxx station for a bonus fee" ;-)
That would imho make these stations much more visited.
Times a bit limited ATM, but I'll keep that in mind.
Vincentz wrote:
Btw, they seem to work fine on 1.81+ where the kiota stations doesn't.
What is the difference?
That's because of the market definition. If desired, I can do a simple conversion of the old market system into the new one for Kiotas. If someone is working on a more thorough market conversion for Kiotas, please inform me and save me the trouble.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

Hmmh, spara... wondering about your brillant stations for extra stations infrastructure... Are there any plans to modularize/split station data from the scripts.

One could make different sets like: sfep_core stations (with default cori, dodo, ico), your sfep_bundle, Norby's additional Suberhup for sfep, I could also bundle some noshaders stations like (the new Tetrahedrons), wildships kiotas etc... A bit like additional planets textures approach.

The core scripts could come with some dummy arrays for the stations, and the sets could push their stations into it via their worldscripts.

Atm, I go the ugly way and replace the orginal array with mine, which seems to work, but anyway just some idea...
Amah
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Amah wrote:
Hmmh, spara... wondering about your brillant stations for extra stations infrastructure... Are there any plans to modularize/split station data from the scripts.

One could make different sets like: sfep_core stations (with default cori, dodo, ico), your sfep_bundle, Norby's additional Suberhup for sfep, I could also bundle some noshaders stations like (the new Tetrahedrons), wildships kiotas etc... A bit like additional planets textures approach.

The core scripts could come with some dummy arrays for the stations, and the sets could push their stations into it via their worldscripts.

Atm, I go the ugly way and replace the orginal array with mine, which seems to work, but anyway just some idea...
Not a bad idea. I'll check what it takes.
Xanthin
Average
Average

Post by Xanthin »

I noticed, if I set the detailLevel = 2 (or 3), I get

Code: Select all

[files.notFound] OOShaderMaterial.m:870: GLSL ERROR: failed to find vertex program pag_stations.vertex.
[files.notFound] OOTexture.m:168: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "griff_ico_generic_metal.png".

[files.notFound] OOShaderMaterial.m:870: GLSL ERROR: failed to find fragment program pag_stations.fragment.
[files.notFound] OOTexture.m:168: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "griff_ico_generic_metal.png".
in the log, for the "FrontierTech Worldranger Icosahedron Station".

Renaming in line 970/71 of the shipdata.plist "pag_stations.vertex" into "sfep_pag_stations.vertex" and "pag_stations.fragment" into "sfep_pag_stations.fragment" seems to solve it.

------
Oh, I forgot:
Oolite version 1.82 x64
Windows 7, SP 1, 64-bit
OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2"
Stations fo Extra Planets OXP ver 1.8
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Xanthin, thanks for reporting. Should be fixed now in 1.8.1.
Xanthin
Average
Average

Post by Xanthin »

I just tried and got no error. Thank you. :)
boyd757
Harmless
Harmless

Post by boyd757 »

spara wrote:
Hello all.

I wanted a reason to visit those far away planets and I also wanted to put those fine stations people have built some where and not override my current station set. This is the result. Rather than posting about the ones below, they decided to go with it. It was an interesting story because it appeared simple but it was not. In the future, we might have to speak to a lawyer because they might see that also. They might have some but at this time, they do not. During that, you also requested station validator.

And it supports station_validator too.

I have tested it with System Redux and it seems to be functioning ok. Enjoy.

Details from wiki.

Download from the in-game expansion manager.
Just downloaded it and so far I'm really enjoying it. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this man. Getting back to exploring now.
Last edited by boyd757 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

It's been a while... A new version (1.9) is up for your enjoyment. :D The size has doubled with eight new beautiful stations to see.

* ZGroovy SML Octahedron and Tetrahedron stations added to the mix. By Dertien and Griff.
* DeepSpace Coriolis, Dodo and Ico added to the mix. By DeepSpace and CaptSolo.
* Neolite Coriolis, Dodo and Ico added to the mix. By Simon B.

For DeepSpace and Neolite stations, the dock has been switched to CaptSolo's version of Griff's older dock. It looks awesome with these.

As always have fun and report any errors.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A major rewrite. Version 2.0 uploaded to the manager. The main change is that the OXP has been modularized into the populator script and station pack(s). If Amah is still around, this is something he asked something like 2 years ago :lol: .

* Oxp modularized. Now it's possible to add station packs, if someone fancies. For instructions, see the scripts of the populator and the station pack.
* All stations now have some sort of dock flashers. Depending on the station those can be core ball flashers, Griff's old triangle flashers or Griff's new light flashers.
* SimonB's Coriolis was the only finished Neolite station. Dodo and Ico were basically place holders with just the same texture on them. I removed Ico from the pack and updated Dodo from core model to Griff's/Kev's model and patched a texture and some nice lights to it. Hope you like it.
* Station spotter mini-game is removed. It's been replaced by the in-built ship library. Visit the stations and they appear in the ship library.
* Massive renaming of files to achieve some coherence.

Shaders are probably a must with these...

I have tested all stations (39!) and they seem to work just fine. However, it's totally possible that I have borked a thing or two.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

The Extra Planet Stations seem to have lost their Markets in the latest version which dis incentives visiting them :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Duggan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 pm
The Extra Planet Stations seem to have lost their Markets in the latest version which dis incentives visiting them :)
That's strange, they seem to be working just fine here. Anything useful in the log?
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hello spara,

your response to me has pointed me in the right direction I think .. In the retextures section of the manager there is ; No Shader Extra Station Resources and No Shader Stations for sfep.. I am thinking that having those installed along with your recent update is what might be creating a conflict.. When I play later , I will remove the above 2 oxz's via the manager and see if the markets are restored...

edit .. Yes, that was the issue ..Some kind of conflict exists between station retextures . Markets are now restored having removed them :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Found a minor problem with the S-A1 Coriolis Station by smivs. Had trouble manually docking at this station as the docking port was always showing up as extremely dark on at least two of the five sides. This made it difficult to judge my ship's distance from those sides. Took a look at the shipdata.plist for this station and found the cause. Did not use the BBCode for <code> here as you cannot highlight text inside of it as it is a highlight in and of itself.

"sfep_smivs_coriolis-station" = {
like_ship = "sfep_template";
materials = {
"smivs-coriolis-front.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_front.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_front_em.png";
shininess = 75; <--THIS IS THE PROBLEM
specular_color = ( 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1.0 );
};
"smivs-coriolis-back.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_back.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_back_em.png";
shininess = 4;
};
"smivs-coriolis-side.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_side.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_side_em.png";
shininess = 4;
};

None of the other stations in the OXZ have a shininess setting of 75 for any of their dock facings. The problem code appears around Line 354 in Notepad++. Tweaked the shininess settings in all of the above code to shininess = 7 and the problem has been resolved. Surprised no one else noticed this. Perhaps the overuse of Docking Computers has made them complacent. Either that or my own obsessive and compulsive nature with such things is showing again. Thank You spara for this OXZ as it has made the game much more enjoyable.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

Nite Owl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:16 am
...Either that or my own obsessive and compulsive nature with such things is showing again...
This OCD has turned you into a Nite Owl!
:lol: :P :lol:
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

A first observation (I hope it hasn't been made before): I think the navigation buoys of the extra stations should rotate at the same, slower rate of the normal ones. EDIT: is that a bug? Buoys that spin super-fast?
Last edited by UK_Eliter on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.