Energy bomb using '9' instead of tab

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

ibroadfo
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Energy bomb using '9' instead of tab

Post by ibroadfo »

Oolite 1.65, OSX 10.4.8, 12" powerbook G4:

Hitting TAB doesn't fire an energy bomb, while hitting '9' does. Presumably this is a bug with the changes to allow strings in keyconfig.plist, as 9 is the ascii code for tab.

cheers,
iain
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Thats odd, works ok on the PC. Somtimes there is a delay though!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It’s possible that you’ve got ‘key_energy_bomb = "9"’ instead of ‘key_energy_bomb = 9’, or <string> instead of <integer>.
ibroadfo
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by ibroadfo »

Ahruman wrote:
It’s possible that you’ve got ‘key_energy_bomb = "9"’ instead of ‘key_energy_bomb = 9’, or <string> instead of <integer>.
I haven't touched the file since installing; I've just grabbed a fresh download and it's identical.

All the properties are <string>, none are <integer>. The file as it comes isn't in xml, the lines just look like:
"key_energy_bomb" = 9;

iain
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Actually I would prefer the energy bomb to be the 9 key, running a PC I'm always using alt-tab is to switch between applications. This is fine when docked, but in flight it fires off the energy bomb when you don't want to.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

TGHC wrote:
Actually I would prefer the energy bomb to be the 9 key, running a PC I'm always using alt-tab is to switch between applications. This is fine when docked, but in flight it fires off the energy bomb when you don't want to.
Usually when a squadron of Vipers are pasing by....

Captain Hesperus
"Mayday, mayday! I've just killed myself!"
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

absolutely! and also within range of a Coriolis.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
manzo
Poor
Poor

Post by manzo »

Ah, glad I'm not the only one who does that! I've now gotten into the habit of pausing the game before doing it, though at one point, I just didn't bother repairing the energy bomb once it had been damaged.