Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

More info for ships for sale

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

More info for ships for sale

Post by spara »

Once again I was browsing ships for sale and was craving for more in-game info. I've suggested something similar earlier, but at time it seemed to be too much work. But now I've got a new idea. And to my very limited understanding this should be easier to achieve. A Gimpped sketch:

Basically show less ships in the list and use the freed space to show detailed specs of the ship.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: More info for ships for sale

Post by Redspear »

That looks pretty good to me.

If it's too tricky then we already have the 'library' entries for the core ships, so perhaps the relevant entry could be called up or linked to via a key press?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

...and while we're on this subject...

Can I suggest changing the equipment visible property to affect only what is shown on the f5 screen and not what is on the ships for sale screen (f3f3)?

I typically use a hud with a display that varies according to equipment installed and also to said equipment's status. This enables me to clear some space on the f5 screen by making some items non-visible, resulting in a much tidier single page display. However, when it comes to buying a ship I can no longer be sure of its installed equipment due to the same non-visible property taking effect.

Whilst I suspect this affects very few players, if it could please be considered then I'd certainly appreciate it.
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

I first misread the topic, i thought more ships for sale YES hehe...

I like the more info per ship but i do not like less ships per page

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I suggested something like that a longinsh time ago: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13983. In the end of the discussion it looked like it would be too laborious to implement. The suggestion I have presented here should(tm) be easier to implement. Even a key press to see the corresponding library entry would be nice though.
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

The key2library solution seems the less cluttering solution too if possible.