Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

NOVA Mission Problem is STILL not fixed. Please Help

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

fasnoon
Above Average
Above Average

NOVA Mission Problem is STILL not fixed. Please Help

Post by fasnoon »

Please someone help me. Its been a while since I have been waiting for a solution (since August) to the NOVA mission problem... When will it be fixed? Has anyone found a soulution?

Im playing this mission with PC Oolite v1.65 version.

Heres what happens:

As soon as I make a jump to a different system... I am greeted with a fuel leak. After filling up using fuel scoops I then make my way to the station. After docking I am told about the NOVA situation. As soon as I agree to help the refugees, the ship launches itself (disk drives operates longer than ususal at this point) and see lots of metal fragments and the station is sparking. I immidiately hyperspace to a nearby system (Also tried intergalactic jump) but the same thing happens.

Please read on to see what I mean!

After the jump, when I go towards the planet/station, a ton of (15+) ships suddenly come upon the scanner and after a few seconds they all jump at the same time to a different system. I follow them (into the blue circle) and jump also.

Upon arriving when I again want to go towards the planet/station... the same thing happens again. A ton of ships come and they all jump at the same time... I repeat this process and it keeps happeneing again and again and again...

Finally I ignore the jump portals and use my injectors (using the fuel I scooped) and zoom past the blue jump portals and get to the station.

When I dock.... again I my ship is immidiately launches (again the disk drive takes longer than ususal) and the station is sparking again with lots of metal fragments...

I jump to a different system with the fuel I have left over (as the glactic jump is already used) repeat the same process many many many times to get the SAME results... sometimes the game even quits and I am erturned to windows.

Why does this happen? It shouldnt happen at all as I already made the jump to a different system/galaxy to avoid the SuperNova.

How does one FINISH this mission?
- FAS