Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite ZS Chronicles

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zero_Senki
Poor
Poor

Oolite ZS Chronicles

Post by Zero_Senki »

Oolite ZS Chronicles
=EPISODE 1=
Jameson
-begin log-

Yep, this is my story alright. The name's Zero Senki. Harmless critter with 100 credits at hand. First time I ever jumped to another planet was when I got my ass handed to me by a big group of pirates. I was dodging the best I could, but the laser fire fried me anyways. Fast forward another year, and I manage to get the same model with the same amount of credits as before.

Now, I manage to get some food, radioactives, and other miscellaneous things, leavin' me with a dozen credits to spare. The reason for this was because I was going to witch out to Leesti to sell the darned things. I'm lucky I didn't get my ass handed to me this time. I just so manage to get to the station without trouble. The sell actually landed me a profit to my own surprise.

-end log-

Oolite ZS Chronicles
=EPISODE 2=
Ambush
-begin log-

I've gotten the hang of my Cobra's controls, so I decided to head back to Lave to bring more radioactives to Leesti. I'm in a good zone, right? WRONG! Rebels at Lave decided to ambush me. I try to escape, but as it turns out, they eliminated all of the GalCop Vipers there. I'm all alone, and I can't run away forever. With the measely Pulse Laser I have, I engage my assailants. I fly around the force, looking for assistance, to no avail. 2 of my engines have already been destroyed, leaving me with 2 left. I manage to destroy a Cobra III and, a Krait, for some reason? I then find myself in a nickel and diming situation. I can't get any kills, neither can they. I lost focus because of the lack of action, and find myself ramming into another Cobra, HEAD FIRST!!

[save revert] I wake up at the hospital of Leesti's Coriolis Station and felt like I banged my head against a flat sheet of metal. I try to sit up but I felt like I landed on the ground back first. (Well this isn't a good sign) I thought. The doctor arrived and said that the effects are temporary because of a new wound mending medicine they're working on.

-end log- (will post more as I progress)
Malacandra
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite ZS Chronicles

Post by Malacandra »

Hurrah, more reading matter! 8)
Zero_Senki wrote:
I've gotten the hang of my Cobra's controls, so I decided to head back to Lave to bring more radioactives to Leesti.
Well, there's your problem. Lave's a good system to get out of first up, not so good for going back to. As you've gone to Leesti, try Diso! :wink:
"Sidewinder Precision Pro" and other Oolite fiction is now available for Amazon Kindle at a bargain price.

Sidewinder Precision Pro ||Claymore Mine ||The Russian Creed ||One Jump Ahead

All titles also available in paperback.
Zero_Senki
Poor
Poor

Post by Zero_Senki »

Thanks for the info! Nonetheless, I put up a good fight there. Don't know why some people give the Pulse Laser a bad rap, for it busted a Cobra and a Krait.

Edit: does Diso have a Coriolis Station? Can't seem to find it. Then again, I don't exactly know how Coriolis Stations are arranged.
Zero_Senki
Poor
Poor

Oolite ZS Chronicles

Post by Zero_Senki »

Oolite ZS Chronicles
=EPISODE 3=
Uh Oh
-begin log-

Even Leesti's not safe! As of right now, I'm seeing a HUGE fight between GalCop and a full squad of rebels! Prior to this, I tried to find Diso's Coriolis Station to no avail. Heading back to Leesti was as bad an idea as returning to Lave!

Oh, GOOD GRIEF, what am I gonna do!? I'm just a harmless little Cobra pilot, looking for a profit! GalCop is incapable of handling this sort of thing!

-end log-
Malacandra
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Malacandra »

Zero_Senki wrote:
Thanks for the info! Nonetheless, I put up a good fight there. Don't know why some people give the Pulse Laser a bad rap, for it busted a Cobra and a Krait.

Edit: does Diso have a Coriolis Station? Can't seem to find it. Then again, I don't exactly know how Coriolis Stations are arranged.
All systems have Coriolis Stations. When you are close enough to the planet - if you haven't spotted it before - even the cheap compass will start pointing towards the station, not the planet. The station can be anywhere in relation to the planet, but it will always be much less than one planetary radius away.

Footnote: Diso to Leesti make not a bad milk run for the novice pilot. Profit margins aren't the best, but they're good, and you should be reasonably free of trouble. No guarantees though!

Keep trying and keep logging, Jameson!
"Sidewinder Precision Pro" and other Oolite fiction is now available for Amazon Kindle at a bargain price.

Sidewinder Precision Pro ||Claymore Mine ||The Russian Creed ||One Jump Ahead

All titles also available in paperback.