Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

No Shipyard at all....

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

thirdeye77
Above Average
Above Average

No Shipyard at all....

Post by thirdeye77 »

I have a bit of a strange problem here.

High Tech Level planets have no shipyard at all. I don't mean that it says 'no ships available to purchase', but pressing 3 or F3 at the equipment purchase screen does nothing at all :(

I thought it might be OXP related as I have got a lot of them installed so I tried removing them one by one and checking again.

Lo and behold the Shipyard reappeared at the TL 14 planet I am docked at. However, I then jumped off to a nearby TL 13 planet and the problem still occurred :?

I've counted the number of ships in the yard at the TL 14 planet, and it is exactly 50. Is this a limit and some OXPs are causing the list to go over this number, thus "breaking" the shipyard?

For now I have removed 9 OXPs and all seems to be working ok again....
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

I have the same problem - except Im too lazy to start removing the oxps.
Not really in the market for a new ship, happy with my PCC - but its annoying that the screen is gone, I liked browsing.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
thirdeye77
Above Average
Above Average

Post by thirdeye77 »

Yeah me too, although I've been considering trading in the PCC for something more suited to generally kicking the cr@p out of everyone in sight.

I'm still hoping to come across a Wolf Mk II SE with a Naval Energy Unit :twisted:
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Its an occasional bug with Oolite rather than an OXP problem!

You might just have been unlucky with the "dice" or you may have hit the bug that somtimes causes no ships to be offered in the shipyard. Give it a few jumps and it should sort itself out! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
thirdeye77
Above Average
Above Average

Post by thirdeye77 »

I've had the 'no ships for sale bug' before and yes it sorts itself out before too long. But this seems different in that you cannot access the shipyard at all, not even to get the 'no ships available' message.

If I remove some OXPs and load my save file the shipyard at the station where I am docked is fine. Put the OXPS back and load the same save file and it has gone again. Is it really the same bug?
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

I can confirm this bug on the 1.65 linux build, primarily on higher TL worlds. I'm running on a less than ideal amount of RAM (256MB), and attempting to access the shipyard causes several seconds of disk activity followed by... nothing, as if the keypress hadn't registered.

I'll try and get a console dump for you in the next day or two.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

On the PC (windows) you get the no ship yard comming up (ie not even the no ships for sale message) somtimes, but it fixes itself after a few jumps. I'm playing with all the OXPs in, so I don't think it is an OXP bug, at least on the PC widows version.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.