Escape pod

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Escape pod

Post by johnsmith »

I just used an escape pod (getting tired of flying to planet while testing a new OXP), and after I left the station, I eneded up in space. Not orbit by the station, but pretty much right back where I escaped from. Didn't the old Elite always have you leave the station at the station itself?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

In old Elite the station was the only place to dock. But in Oolite you can dock with Rock Hermits, Carriers, Pirate Coves, Dredgers etc. When you hit the escape pod, you appear at the nearest "dockable" place. This may be the station, but could also be a Rock Hermit etc.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Ah! Makes sense. Thanks.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

What LittleBear said.

Once after using the pod, I wound up launching from a Rattler somewhere in deep space, which emmediately opened up and chopped my replacement Cobra to pieces. The Rattler must've scooped my pod.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor